Joshs 40th BDay was Today. His Wish was for us to Hunt & Find CSA Relics-DONE!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Josh's 40th B'Day was Today. His Wish was for us to Hunt & Find CSA Relics-DONE!

Today, Josh was the BIG 40. He had already told Dman, myself, and his wife that his only Birthday Wish was for us to come down and hunt CW Relics with him. Although it's as bit early and the soil is VERY dry in Tennessee right now, we were very glad to grant his wish. We started the beautiful sunny Tennessee autumn day with hoodies and the temp. in the lower 30s and ended the 5 hour hunt in tee shirts at 80 degrees mid afternoon. He told us he had a great day. We gave him our finds for his CSA collection.
We hunted two perimeter areas of a large Gen. John Hunt Morgan C.S.A. Cavalry, Infantry, and Artillery Camp. These spots have never disappointed us. Today, we dug 3 dropped (one whittled) .577 cal. Enfield bullets and 7 round balls + some other CW fired lead bullets. Dman found the iron buckle (Find of the day) that resembles a cinch strap buckle from a Southern Saddle. It's too lightweight to be from horse or mule britching. He also recovered it from a field near where Gen. Morgan pastured his 1,000+ Cavalry Horses in early 1863. I dug the iron pieces from a cooking pot and the brown piece of pottery in the middle was near one of the iron pieces. I also dug the brass button like device with the star type perimeter that we are researching. Dman thinks the long iron piece I dug is a period pocket knife. Josh dug ALL the round balls. It was obvious he had birthday luck. Check the first 2 pics for our finds.
Dman got a bullet signal on his SE and asked Josh to check it with his F75. Josh thought it was a bullet too and got excited when Dman rolled out the dropped Enfield. Dman cleaned it off, handed it to Josh, and wished him "Happy Birthday". I was digging a nearby signal at the same time and it was also an Enfield. Again, Josh was excited and I handed him that bullet also with the same wishes. A few minutes later, Josh dug his own Enfield bullet and one of Gen. Morgan's troops had cut the base off that bullet with a knife which made it a very personal find. Pic # 3 is of Josh & Dman holding the Enfield bullets they recovered.
The last pic is of Josh's Daughter "Peyton" who went relic hunting with him yesterday afternoon. I think she collected acorns instead of relics. She is known to family and friends as "Boo Boo". Atta Girl Boo Boo-hang in there with old Dad.!! Thanks for looking from all 3 of us in Tennessee. Stay tuned and HH, Quindy.

Attachments

• Josh\'s B\'Day pic #1.jpg
    Josh\'s B\'Day pic #1.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 739
  • Josh\'s B\'Day pic #2.jpg
    Josh\'s B\'Day pic #2.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 739
  • Josh & Dman 10-7-10.jpg
    Josh & Dman 10-7-10.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 735
  • Peyton 10-6-10.jpg
    Peyton 10-6-10.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 736
Upvote 0

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Josh's 40th B'Day was Today. His Wish was for us to Hunt & Find CSA Relics-DONE!

:hello:

Happy Birthday 2 u, Happy birthday 2 u, Happy birthdayyyyyyy, brother Josh.

Happy birthgday 2 u!

And many goods find 4 u!

That little Peyton is a cutie.

Tnrelicman

Mar 2, 2010
East Tn
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT but missing my Etrac
Re: Josh's 40th B'Day was Today. His Wish was for us to Hunt & Find CSA Relics-DONE!

Thats a great story guys, and a great hunt, I'm glad you all had such a good weather to boot, and some great finds, those enfields are my favorite to dig, I guess since I have only found a few. Happy Bday Josh....the Big 40, thats my next one :-\, Weather is getting good, I will be looking for some killer finds.
Guy

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Quite a Day !! Many more !! :occasion13:

KRAZYHORSES

Aug 17, 2010

nice finds!! happy Bday! nice pictures sweet little girl have fun and keep digging krazyhorses

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

4-H said:
:hello:

Happy Birthday 2 u, Happy birthday 2 u, Happy birthdayyyyyyy, brother Josh.

Happy birthgday 2 u!

And many goods find 4 u!

That little Peyton is a cutie.

Thanks Mike. According to Josh, Peyton is prone to get into trouble as Samantha will do too. HH, Quindy.
Tnrelicman said:
Thats a great story guys, and a great hunt, I'm glad you all had such a good weather to boot, and some great finds, those enfields are my favorite to dig, I guess since I have only found a few. Happy Bday Josh....the Big 40, thats my next one :-\, Weather is getting good, I will be looking for some killer finds.
Guy
Thanks Guy. I expect some great finds from you and Randy as long as 4-H doesn't jinx you-LOL. Thanks, Quindy.
CMDiamonddawg said:
Quite a Day !! Many more !! :occasion13:
Thanks Dawg. Same to you Bud. HH, Quindy.
KRAZYHORSES said:
nice finds!! happy Bday! nice pictures sweet little girl have fun and keep digging krazyhorses
Thanks for your reply KH. You have the opprtunity to find some great CW and IW relics out there. Good luck!!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ahhhh nothing like a little lead when you turn the big 40. Fun hunt good family and friends.
Life is grand.
Happy Birthday~
TnMtns

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good friends and Good Digs; that's what its all about! :occasion14: :icon_thumright: :wink:

U

umrgolf

:occasion18: what a way to spend your birthday out digging with the TN stooges :laughing7:You guys have some sweet lead out there :o Nice buckle Dman, no "happy birthday Josh" on that one heh? :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I wish I was 40 again :( Sound's like you guy's had a great day.Nice Enfield's,don't find many up here.Happy belated Birthday Josh and thank's Quindy :thumbsup:

Dixiedigger

Dec 2, 2009
Southern Middle TN
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Fisher f75

Happy birthday Josh. It's nice to have friends like Quindy and Doug!!!

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Happy Birthday! :hello2:
a good family day. :thumbsup:

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Happy B day Josh
I just turned 39 back in May. You had a good day with good family,friends and finds. Don't get much better than that.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

TnMountains said:
Ahhhh nothing like a little lead when you turn the big 40. Fun hunt good family and friends.
Life is grand.
Happy Birthday~
TnMtns
Thanks TnMtns. he had a big day and is a fine young man. Hh, Quindy.
{Sentinel} said:
Good friends and Good Digs; that's what its all about! :occasion14: :icon_thumright: :wink:
You are so right Josh. As you well know, it's not WHAT you find but the friends you make and the fun you have hunting history along the way. Good luck bud.
umrgolf2010 said:
:occasion18: what a way to spend your birthday out digging with the TN stooges :laughing7: You guys have some sweet lead out there :o Nice buckle Dman, no "happy birthday Josh" on that one heh? :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:
Jeff, many of our hunts wind up reminding me of a 3 stooges show as something funny always occurs. Thanks for looking Bud and I'm excited to see what the new site that you and Josh found produces.
civilman1 said:
I wish I was 40 again :( Sound's like you guy's had a great day.Nice Enfield's,don't find many up here.Happy belated Birthday Josh and thank's Quindy :thumbsup:
Thanks Joe. I echo your feelings about age 40. I believe these Tennessee hills are steeper than I remember when I began relic hunting 15 years ago. HH, Quindy.
Dixiedigger said:
Happy birthday Josh. It's nice to have friends like Quindy and Doug!!!
Thanks Andy. We'll round up the "Playboy" Relic Hound and get together with you guys as soon as it rains. Quindy.
HISPAN said:
Happy Birthday! :hello2:
a good family day. :thumbsup:
He thanks you Hispan. We definitely won't find items as old as you recover here in Tennessee. Thanks for looking.
nova said:
Happy B day Josh
I just turned 39 back in May. You had a good day with good family,friends and finds. Don't get much better than that.
So true Nova. We all had fun. At age 61, 40 seems like a long time back to me. I feel blessed to have enjoyed good health all my life and plan to hunt as long as I can. Quindy.

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Great story Quindy. And Happy Birthday to Josh. You are right about the dry Tennessee soil right now. We are getting so close to good weather for day long hunts. Contrats on some great recoveries.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

Happy birthday Josh. I am looking forward to my celebrating 40th birthday. ;D Maybe Q and you can hunt CW relics with me.
Dman

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

treasurehound said:
Great story Quindy. And Happy Birthday to Josh. You are right about the dry Tennessee soil right now. We are getting so close to good weather for day long hunts. Contrats on some great recoveries.
Randy, we did better than we expected given the very dry conditions but it was Go or Bust since it was Josh's birthday.. We need a soaker bad. Thanks for looking.
Dman said:
Happy birthday Josh. I am looking forward to my celebrating 40th birthday. ;D Maybe Q and you can hunt CW relics with me.
Dman
That's a laugh. I believe we will be celebrating YOUR 60th birthday in a couple of years if someone doesn't beat you to death for aggravating them before your 60th birthday gets here. Q.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

VOL1266-X said:
treasurehound said:
Randy, we did better than we expected given the very dry conditions but it was Go or Bust since it was Josh's birthday.. We need a soaker bad. Thanks for looking.
Dman said:
Dman
That's a laugh. I believe we will be celebrating YOUR 60th birthday in a couple of years if someone doesn't beat you to death for aggravating them before your 60th birthday gets here. Q.
Just because I am over 50 doesn't mean I can't celebrate my 40th birthday. I can celebrate it any time I want to and you can't stop me. So there smarty pants.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread