Juls Cafe Trade Token

JimmyT

Jan 13, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Jul's Cafe Trade Token

Hi everyone its been a while. Been out the last two days and found a lot of junk a nice button $3.10 in clad and the find of the day is this Jul's Trade token. I anyone can find the dates when this Cafe was operating I sure would appreciate it. The area I'm hunting dates from the 1830's and the token has Louisville Ky. on it so there's no telling when this token was in play. ???

Later Jim

Attachments

• Jul\'s Cafe Front.jpg
    Jul\'s Cafe Front.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 321
  • Jul\'s Cafe Rear.jpg
    Jul\'s Cafe Rear.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 307
  • Jul\'s and Button.jpg
    Jul\'s and Button.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 312

kindafoundabuckle

Dec 9, 2006
In bed at the moment
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Jul's Cafe Trade Token

Nice find Jim. I like finding tokens as much as if not better than coins. They have a better story to tell and more character. Nice button also but I have not a clue about either one of them. Ask around on the site and put it in todays finds and Im sure some member can help. Ask Will about them if he dont know the answer he is damn good at making one up! ;D Take care, give me a call, and keep diggin!

KFB

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other

I'm with Tom on this one.Those are some cool finds Jim.Your other metal machine looks pretty sweet as well.Where did you dig that one up? HB

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jimmy,

I can't find anything about that cafe...I would go to the historical society and ask them. Someone has to remember it.

That's an awesome token. Of the tokens I've found, they've seldom been from the city I lived in--usually some larger company or nearby town. I know Tom has found some trolley tokens while MDing here in the city. Always nice to see a piece of Louisville history unearthed.

All the Best,

Will

OP
OP
JimmyT

JimmyT

Jan 13, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT

Thanks for the replies and had never even thought about finding a token but now I would love to find more of them. Just to think about a business and where it was the years open has got me hooked. Keep seeing Councilman Owens name mentioned when it comes to Louisville history was thinking about contacting him. Have one of his video's called (A Walking Tour of) and he is at the top of his game.

HB
found it like the old Johnny Cash song one piece at a time and you wouldn't believe where we had to go to find some of it.

Will be putting it on today's finds later to see if anybody knows anything about it.

Later Jimmy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread