July 30, CCFPD meeting

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Be there and be prepared.

If you can attend please do so. Also remember that we no longer use terms like "dig", "excavate" or anything that sounds like that. Semantics are everything so choose your approach and words, should you get the chance to use them, very carefully. We recover lost items. We perform great community service by removing trash and are the only user group that does this without recognition.

We are the eyes of the CCFPD LEO's in those woods as well.

We are also the only user group that the FP district does NOT have to set aside real estate for. Hikers/bikers/skaters/bird watchers and dog walkers require trails, open spaces and the maintenance of those spaces are required for kite fliers, picnickers, gamers of one kind or another. Fishermen need stocked ponds with access. Our only real need is parking spaces, it is the only thing we have in common with other users.

In short, we cost them so much less than all other user groups and we return so much more than other user groups.

For you people in Cook County, they've spent your tax dollars on these places and their salaries. You need to impress them with the fact that you are the best stewards of those places.

Again, the info below is vital:

[email protected]

Hello Everyone:

This is to advise you that the General Superintendent of the Forest Preserve District of Cook County recently has received several requests to meet with various individuals for the purpose of discussing the Forest Preserve District’s current prohibition regarding metal detecting activities in the Forest Preserves. In response, he has scheduled a meeting, to which you are hereby invited to attend, for Tuesday, July 30, 2013 at 2:00 p.m. at 536 North Harlem Avenue in River Forest, Illinois to discuss this issue further.

At your earliest convenience, please contact me, Beverly Buckley, at the email address provided above to confirm your attendance at this meeting.

Thank you for contacting the Forest Preserve District of Cook County regarding this matter. We look forward to seeing you on Tuesday.

Sincerely,

Beverly Buckley
Legal Department
Forest Preserve District of Cook County

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck guys - wish I could be part of the meeting. I will support you in spirit.

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How did this meeting go?

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went, the lawyers are going to hash it out in a week or so.

dbennett7

Aug 7, 2011
keep us posted even though i have never been there we all have to stick together this is a fight worth having good luck guys dennis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread