Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well not quite July weather...but gotta love this high 40's for this time of year and being able to get out without digging thru frost.... ;D ;D Hit an old foundation I've gone over a few times in the past, went on the other side of a stone wall on the property that I was saving for Spring due to what I thought would be lack of time and weather to hit this year. Found 2 large cents, one 1837, the other 1848 also found a 1934 Merc, a silvery drawer pull? Also found a couple of musket balls, not sure if they are colonial or modern (Anyone know how to date these things??) There were frequent Indian attacks on this island and other islands back in colonial times so they could be from that era, but could also be modern muzzleloader loads, they look to me to be about .50 caliber?
Weather sounds good for the rest of the week so should have some more bonus detecting time.... ;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• 18371848LCs.JPG
    18371848LCs.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 433
  • 121806.JPG
    121806.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 429
Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
excellent!

hh

lonewolfe

leslie(nova scotia)

Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yo Mainedigger

From the land of the Bluenose.....nice looking Lady Liberty there. Any day out this time of year in itself is a good outing. Best of the season to ya! :)

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very Nice....Musket Balls look old!

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Mainedigger said:
Also found a couple of musket balls, not sure if they are colonial or modern (Anyone know how to date these things??)

Just my two cents here but those musket balls look colonial based on the patina and on the fact the the one on the right is chewed on. They used to chew on lead as it was sweet and gave them something to do especially in war time. I guess they did not know what lead poisoning was all about ;D Look for a little bump on the musket ball. Sometimes the mold left a little bump on them. I found a chewed up one last week here in NH right along side of some colonial finds. Great finds for sure.

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Nice finds there, digger. Glad the weather is holding up for ya. I know how cold it can get up there in Maine.
Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions