Jumped back in again this morning...another old gold!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Low tide was at sunrise ...630am - so got in as the tide would be turning - wind had picked up during the night
waters were rougher but viz was still pretty good. At about 7am I got a good reading and dug a sinker - about a foot away
I got another good signal ...though a little fainter. Scooped down about a foot and this time there was no doubt I had gold.
Because this one was 14k, it came out nice and shiny. Real nice old signet. Nothing to exciting after that - was only getting pennies
and then got a few other coins but nothing to write home about. The small silver ring was down real deep. Don't know if the other one is a ring or not
-looks home made. Waters got horrible real quick and all of a sudden where I was chest deep - I was getting swells that were over my head.
Looked at the shore line and though it was only an hour after low - waters were now reaching up to the high tide mark on shore.
I slugged it out for another 1/2 hour and call it quits. So I only got to hunt for 1 1/2 hrs - had planned on 3, but I got some gold
and was happy!
got another musket ball - first I ever got from this spot

Upvote 13
OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a gorgeous gold ring! I guess you wear a full dry suit up there in New England? Went to Plum Island,Mass. For 2 weeks last Summer and went in the water for about 10 minutes total- water was way too cold!! Nice hunt!
no - I only wear full - wet suit 7mm - in the winter months
you'd be surprised what I wear right now - swim trunks with lycra bike shorts and tee shirt with a neoprene kayak jacket on top like 3mm- lite gloves and dive boots
I have a high tolerance to cold water - but probably cause I been in it so long

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome Casper!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread