Last edited:
Upvote 0

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OBN did you make your screen that floats? I have been looking to buy/make one just haven't done a ton of research yet. Any links or info on how you built yours would be great. Want one that is light weight but durable and won't easily tip if a shovel full of dirt is dumped into it. Or are there ones you can use in shallow waters to scoop with and let it float up to sift. Thanks for any info =)

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
OBN did you make your screen that floats? I have been looking to buy/make one just haven't done a ton of research yet. Any links or info on how you built yours would be great. Want one that is light weight but durable and won't easily tip if a shovel full of dirt is dumped into it. Or are there ones you can use in shallow waters to scoop with and let it float up to sift. Thanks for any info =)

Yes..Bread tray from grocery store, floaties from Walmart, the large ones, some plastic netting from McMaster Carr or gutter guard from lowes, tie wrap straps from Lowes, along with some rope from lowes and a couple clip hooks. I just trimmed up the bread tray because the last ones I made were to heavy, this one is less then 2 pounds (wet). The rope is about 1o feet long, I just tie a knot in it to shorten it, and hang the rope around the neck to carry the sifter. Some of the distances I walk 2 pounds is perfect. Once in the water I pull out the slip knot and hook to my PFD..then she gets drug out in the water. No metal, here is a video from a few years ago I did, these were to heavy........Good Luck...Joe

Thanks Stuart, Dew, methevas, captain pt.....
Dew I have not worked up a price yet on the full setup

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds OBN.:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread