Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I posted to that hilarious
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/391407-ever-have-embarrassing-moment-hobby.html
and then promptly went out today to detect and I can't find my long shovel !!!
I just had it day before yesterday.. now I can't find it anywhere... good thing I have spares of almost everything, if I can only remember to take them in the car,
and then remember the car. (and there's NO way I buried a two foot shovel!) :tongue3:

Anyway, today I found three older wheaties, and some indiscriminate artifacts, then boom! I pull this out of the yard..
It's a WW II Junior Air Warden Pin. made of pewter and gold enamel.. didn't have the paper sticker of course, but the only thing I could find out about it was one on ebay. anyone seen one?
Made my day! yes, it doesn't take much to please me. :icon_thumright:
junior air warden pin 1940s DUG.jpg

junior air warden pin 1940s ebay.jpg
This is the ebay one, says it's pretty rare.. but everything on ebay is rare, right?
- HH all -

Last edited:
Upvote 6

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Very cool pin, but we need to get you into some of those early colonial sites over your way. I know the Delmarva area is loaded with 17th and 18th century sites, and maybe you can do some research and get yourself onto a couple of them. One of those Lord Baltimore coins just might be waiting for you. That's a prime area for early relics and coins.

OP
OP
EasternShoreMetal

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very cool pin, but we need to get you into some of those early colonial sites over your way. I know the Delmarva area is loaded with 17th and 18th century sites, and maybe you can do some research and get yourself onto a couple of them. One of those Lord Baltimore coins just might be waiting for you. That's a prime area for early relics and coins.

Bill; I'm telling you.. I'm on them! but they all don't produce colonial.. My town was founded in 1600's. I have researched most of the homes and properties that were occupied then and definetly have a very reliable map from 1877 that has every home building on the Eastern Shore in it. (not all the outbuildings) Many sites seem to have either been hit about 30 years ago when detecting was popular down here, I say that because all I find on those sites is stuff newer than that, and I KNOW they are older. I've had about 5 that have produced colonial and two that were abundant in artifacts. The other problem is that the properties may have been altered.. fill dirt, etc.
Most of the places I detect now are in this town. The main reason for that? It's easier detecting, (all lawns or cut fields and I have very little problems getting permissions.) Several still have the home from the 1700's still standing on it. Many from early to mid-1800's houses intact. (should be finding silver from then) I DO find quite a bit of colonial relics, buttons, oil lamps, tools, hinges, padlocks, u know-
but I do not find what I would expect to find at ALL these sites. Ideally the whole town should be hot. I could do more farms I suppose. Though they tend to be full of a lot of iron junk. The yard I found this pin is is a good example.. It's on a busy street in town, always was. It's on a corner. It has a house showing in the 1877 map, so there should be artifacts from that era at least.. It's full of signals. But I am not pulling out much stuff older than early 1900's.
Any ideas? I'm open to any.. PM if you want to get specific.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread