Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey Shaunna, the reason there is no reply is because:
A. Such a list does not exist
B. If it did, most people would not give it out.
C. If I knew, I would be rich.

Check out "Shipwrecks In Florida" by Steven Singer.

OP
OP
M
Aug 17, 2009
Hummmm.... How interesting. I really didn't think just having the "name" of a ship and where it "probably" or "may" have gone down would be such a hot ticket to have. I guess I really don't see how just that knowledge alone would make one wealthy. I know that on many occasions when a ships went down, and there were survivors, they would make a 'report' of what happened, and where. So, I thought perhaps, with all the combined knowledge/wisdom here, someone might have combined that info on a website or book of sorts as that seems like something that would be an interesting read. Thanks anyway for the reply!

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Shaunna, quote," I really didn't think just having the "name" of a ship and where it "probably" or "may" have gone down would be such a hot ticket to have." Actually Shaunna it is a hot ticket to have. If you have the research that proves a treasure wreck sunk in a certain area, you are way ahead of the game. You have a place to start looking. You wouldn't want to look for a Spanish Treasure ship in the Great Lakes.

OP
OP
M
Aug 17, 2009
OLD MAN.... awhhh, come on... surely there might be 1 or 2 Galleons in the Great Lakes if we look hard enough...
OK, I guess this question is being dissected alittle bit more then I originally anticipated. It was just a general question, you know like saying "in or around Juno Beach", or like saying, "probably or may be Spanish"..... But, I guess someone ought to tell the guy who wrote the book "Ship Wreaks of FLORDIA" that he's got the "hot ticket" and wither he likes it or not, he better be a millionaire now. hehe

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The guy that wrote that book copied it from someone else.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
often times a shipwreck location and name ( via its name --often thru reasearch --its country of origin and the cargo it carried and weither or not it carried treasure can be found out )---so yes information is indeed * worth its wieght in gold in many cases and such info is often closely guarded unless it has been already been "claimed" thus its public info --or its been proved a useless vessel as far as treasure is concerned.

very seldom if ever will someone be so foolish as to give up the name and location of a valuible wreck site --bercause those facts and a artifact off of it are all that needed to "claim" the vessel . :wink: ;D :icon_thumright:

the singer book --is a good starting point to answer your basic question --- treasure baring spanish shipwrecks recorded as being lost in your general area *

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread