Just 3 rocks from my quartz vein today.

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lode hole 021.JPG lode hole 023.JPG lode hole 019.JPG lode hole 020.JPG lode hole 022.JPG

Attachments

• lode hole 024.JPG
    lode hole 024.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 498
Last edited:
Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G Freeman, any chance of a closeup of the first picture at the left on top? Is the copper/red color the quartz or something on top of the quartz or metal in the quartz? Reminds me of copper.......................63bkpkr

OP
OP
G

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G Freeman, any chance of a closeup of the first picture at the left on top? Is the copper/red color the quartz or something on top of the quartz or metal in the quartz? Reminds me of copper.......................63bkpkr

I will put another picture on here tomorrow of that rock but its got a heavy coat on the top that is yellow just like gold. I havent tested this rock yet but one I tested this evening from the same vein tested well with 22 kt acid with its colour mark if that means anything. The second picture top right is the same rock as I turned it over to show the other side.

OP
OP
G

G Freeman

Aug 22, 2013
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It is a coat of something and not the quartz and it has this coating all over the top of the rock and camara shows it to be red but it is really a dull silvery yellow and second picture top right is the same rock just upside down. Looks like it was poured on top of the rock. Has a shine in sun or shade does not glitter like pyrite. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are really beautiful pieces, love to see more as you find them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread