Just a couple of Celts

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Iā€™ve been lucky enough to find 2 nice Celts over the years. Iā€™ve found some broken ones just pieces mainly. But these are my best 2. I look for them every time Iā€™m in the creeks but so far just these Iā€™ve found. The grey one is a type of Greenstone and the other is very heavy so probably Hematite. Both display creek stain.
NW Georgia PF

Attachments

• 15E65B7C-4160-43B4-912D-1D387C41482D.jpeg
    15E65B7C-4160-43B4-912D-1D387C41482D.jpeg
    296 KB · Views: 80
  • 054C0665-581F-484F-B031-FB8E788A677F.jpeg
    054C0665-581F-484F-B031-FB8E788A677F.jpeg
    377.7 KB · Views: 80
Upvote 14
OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
very nice shape on them.
how is the bit? I can't tell from the profile, but they look very nice.
Well they were used especially the dark one.
The other has a nice bit but must of been tossed in the trash pit due to the hairline crack that is right in the middle of it. I know where the trash pit is if the water ever gets low enough. One year we had no rain and all the creeks dried up. Surprised but I didnā€™t find anything.

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Tell up north he can respond to my posts instead of just viewing them. Iā€™m starting to think he doesnā€™t like me
You should get used to viewers. They arenā€™t bad people; most just have nothing to add. Nothing wrong with looking.

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
I haven't been on arrowheads.com in about a year.
I view their pages once in a while as a guest I could sign up but it looks like they have their own thing going on so to speak. I doubt Iā€™d feel welcome. I didnā€™t know you left the site. I was on FB the whole time after leaving AH. So when are you going to be able to walk your area?

antmike915

Silver Member
Apr 20, 2020
SE Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I view their pages once in a while as a guest I could sign up but it looks like they have their own thing going on so to speak. I doubt Iā€™d feel welcome. I didnā€™t know you left the site. I was on FB the whole time after leaving AH. So when are you going to be able to walk your area?
Probably start around the end of June, that's usually when one of my main areas will be plowed. I lost yet another good area last year (was sold, now sits a shopping center). Hopefully I'll have the time to go.

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Probably start around the end of June, that's usually when one of my main areas will be plowed. I lost yet another good area last year (was sold, now sits a shopping center). Hopefully I'll have the time to go.
Man they are selling off my summer permission property this year. Owner said I can walk the roads they cut in. Probably be my last year in that creek. What a bummer
Property is 50k a acre out there this year.
It suxs losing properties. I still have a couple of good ones but for how long idk.

antmike915

Silver Member
Apr 20, 2020
SE Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Man they are selling off my summer permission property this year. Owner said I can walk the roads they cut in. Probably be my last year in that creek. What a bummer
Property is 50k a acre out there this year.
It suxs losing properties. I still have a couple of good ones but for how long idk.
Same here, I've lost more properties within the last 3 years than I ever had before. I'm going to have to find some new areas, hopefully I'll get permission but that's getting harder.

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Same here, I've lost more properties within the last 3 years than I ever had before. I'm going to have to find some new areas, hopefully I'll get permission but that's getting harder.
There are a couple of creepy creeks Iā€™d like to walk. The homes Iā€™d have to ask permission canā€™t be seen well from the main road and arenā€™t kept up very good. Iā€™d ask but Iā€™d like to go home at the end of the day if you catch my drift šŸ˜ƒ
Anywhere else I would have to drive a hour one way which might be what I have to do. Iā€™m going to walk some dirt roads today and hopefully find something. Good luck out there.

antmike915

Silver Member
Apr 20, 2020
SE Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There are a couple of creepy creeks Iā€™d like to walk. The homes Iā€™d have to ask permission canā€™t be seen well from the main road and arenā€™t kept up very good. Iā€™d ask but Iā€™d like to go home at the end of the day if you catch my drift šŸ˜ƒ
Anywhere else I would have to drive a hour one way which might be what I have to do. Iā€™m going to walk some dirt roads today and hopefully find something. Good luck out there.
I know the feeling, most of the sites I have now are about 3 hours worth of drive time (round trip). Good luck to you as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread