Just a couple of slow shutter speed creek shots.

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho

Attachments

• 002tmdef_edited-1.jpg
    002tmdef_edited-1.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 00111_tm_1st_edited-1.jpg
    00111_tm_1st_edited-1.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 83
OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Another one of same scene. I was experimenting with different shutter speeds. I had an Neutral Density filter on this one to slow the shutter speed down a little more. This one was four seconds.

Attachments

• 00555ND4.jpg
    00555ND4.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 85

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pictures. I was fortunate enough to get to travel to Oregon a few years back and fish salmon and steelhead. It's a beautiful state I really enjoyed my time there. Thanks for sharing.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Really super pictures. I haven't been able to figure out how to slow my shutter speed, in fact I haven't able to figure out a lot of things on my Nikon. I bought a book, "The 5100
for Dummies." Well, I'm to dumb to understand the book, but the auto feature on the camera works really great.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like me, BosnMate. I've got an old Samsung Digimax 5800. Bought it on the internet about 7 years ago. I really like it. It's not much for the movie part, but the pictures are quite good; considering that I only use the 'Auto'.
Ron, great pictures. I need to start trying some of the different setting on my camera, but just never take the time to read the manual.

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Really super pictures. I haven't been able to figure out how to slow my shutter speed, in fact I haven't able to figure out a lot of things on my Nikon. I bought a book, "The 5100
for Dummies." Well, I'm to dumb to understand the book, but the auto feature on the camera works really great.
Thanks BosnMate,

I remember when UPS delivered my first DSLR camera. I didn't know anything about it, and after a couple of days was so disgusted, I didn't know whether to send it back or throw it out in the snow.

I use strictly manual mode now. I usually only try these on cloudy days or early morning when the light is low and even. My standard settings for these kind of pictures is to set the aperture at f16 and iso 100. These settings will require a slow shutter speed, so looking through the viewfinder I look at the graph inside for proper exposure setting, and dial in the required shutter speed for correct exposure. ( Also have the camera on a tripod, and use the camera's timer for shutter release. )

Hope this makes sense.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are very nice, Ron. I fear complicated things. I keep thinking I should venture further in to nicer equipment, but I'm kind of chicken. So far I've just been a window shopper looking at all those cool set ups out there.

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Those are very nice, Ron. I fear complicated things. I keep thinking I should venture further in to nicer equipment, but I'm kind of chicken. So far I've just been a window shopper looking at all those cool set ups out there.

Thanks Grant, I know what you mean about complicated things. I still have a dumb phone that needs to be replaced, but keep putting it off just because i dread having to figure out a knew one. Just takes a little time to learn each knew gadget.

There is a lot I still don't know about my latest camera.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread