Just a dog...

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Might not be the place, but she has been with my father since my mother passed away, ten years his friend at night, during the day when every one was working, or when he just needed a friend. Ten years Daisey Mae was his companion and if it wasn't for a metal detector and this great dog he just may have not been around. She passed away when my dad was away, in the hospital visiting his brother who had just had surgery. I have called Dad for the last three days, maybe five or six times a day just to see how he is doing. He says she was just a dog, but we know better, she was family!! I know he feels a great loss and I hurt for him!

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Montana Jim said:
:(

There is no such thing as "just a dog".

When I hear my 75 year old father weeping, we know she wasn't "just a dog"!

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, they become just like a member of the family. All they want is a good ear scratching, food and they payback with devotion for a life time. We all know that when a dog becomes just a dog we have no business being a dog owner. Good Luck.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree there is no such thing as just a dog. we have 5 most are drop offs that we adopted. they are a part of the family & I couldn't imagine being without them. I am sorry for your loss. You are a good caring son. Thank you.

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
johnnycat said:
Man, they become just like a member of the family. All they want is a good ear scratching, food and they payback with devotion for a life time. We all know that when a dog becomes just a dog we have no business being a dog owner. Good Luck.

I agree if its just a dog, the person has no business with a pet. He is not over his dog, he was trying to understand I think that how could he be so broken about Daisy and hurt like he did. She was his friend, his family and a great joy for him and she ate better than I did. A good friend he will miss and when he has another dog, it may become as much a friend as Daisy, but will not replace his precious pet!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread