Just a neat cave...

CamoQueen

Dec 4, 2008
Cochise County, Arizona
This is a cave my husband and father in law found a while back. We decided to go to it again just to check it out. The room you walk into is a decent size, big enough to live in. Now the scary part............ There is a few openings in there, my husband and his brother went crawling in it with their flashlights. (crawling on their chests). All i heard was them booking it out of that hole like the place was going to cave in!!! Turns out that "hole" serves as a den for about 100 rattlesnakes or more!!!!!! And they woke them up!! scary. Anyway, that hole is probably the easiest way to get deep into the cave. So it doesn't look like they will be seeing the rest of it anytime soon!!
Also, other people have been too this place in the 50's. someone had to ruin some of the walls by putting their names and dates on it.

Attachments

• pics 004.jpg
    pics 004.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 791
  • pics 008.jpg
    pics 008.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 791
  • pics 012.jpg
    pics 012.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 778
  • pics 015.jpg
    pics 015.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 784
  • pics 017.jpg
    pics 017.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 773

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice cave! Would be interesting to explore but how do you get rid of a nest of rattlesnakes? Blowtorch, LOL. HH, Mike

OP
OP
C

CamoQueen

Dec 4, 2008
Cochise County, Arizona
Bavaria Mike said:
Nice cave! Would be interesting to explore but how do you get rid of a nest of rattlesnakes? Blowtorch, LOL. HH, Mike

It would be great to get to see the rest of it! But yes, how do you get rid of Rattlesnakes!?!?!?! The only thing i can think of is going in when they are out during the summer. But who knows if they will be there or not..... Oh well .

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
NEED A RATTLESNAKE ROUND UP. THOSE PEOPLE WOULD GET EVERY ONE OF THEM. JUST LIKE M/D WON'T LEAVE TILL THE LAST COIN POP'S OUT OF THE GROUND. ;D ;D

S

seger98

Nice pictures, always like going out to Arizona! Pretty part of the country! :thumbsup:

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I Love the pictures of the cave. If you just hadn't said anything about those snake. Made my skin crawl. I believe I'll just stay out of those caves.

T

trish76642

great pictures Camo...i love caves, their so fasinating till you run into a bunch uh rattlers...creepy! I'd call some rattle snake ranglers like kdismuke1 said. But how could you even enjoy the exploring after all that?! I wouldnt be able to see the cave from looking down all the time!

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a neat cave :thumbsup: and thanks for sharing.

You have brave men crawling into holes as you described, in Rattler territory :o
We don't (Thanks Big Guy :thumbsup: ) have snakes here in Aotearoa, but we do have to deal with the man-eating Giant Cave Weta :wink:

Mike

P

pippinwhitepaws

Neat cave...looks like a wet cave that was opened up and died.

the carbon build up has my interest...that is not from one campfire...snakes or no...that cave has a long history of occupation by fire builders...

think clovis...i bet you find a point out front of that cave...find the flat spot in the winter sun... :thumbsup:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well, if you see Dem Boards or a Bentwood Box, or a Spanish Mound....

RUN!

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pippinwhitepaws said:

the carbon build up has my interest...that is not from one campfire...snakes or no...that cave has a long history of occupation by fire builders...

think clovis...i bet you find a point out front of that cave...find the flat spot in the winter sun... :thumbsup:

Cool, I'm in here for the long run :thumbsup:

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a neat cave. I agree that it has seen a lot of use over the years. Should be some finds there, just watch out for those snakes.

TexasDigger1

May 31, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetic G2, Excal 2 1000, Garrett Sea Hunter II
smoke those rattlers out. No telling what's in that cave.

OP
OP
C

CamoQueen

Dec 4, 2008
Cochise County, Arizona
pippinwhitepaws said:

Thanks! I am not sure what the "entrance" may have looked like before someone decided to blast it open.... it was blasted at some point in time, don't know when though.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where is it at? I will get the snakes out. There are companies that make anti venom who pay some dollars for rattlers to get thier venom.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread