Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out for a couple hours and my favorite little schoolyard just keeps giving me interesting finds.

I thought the curved iron bit was a horseshoe when I was digging, now, I haven't a clue. It weighs in at a full half pound. So, it's pretty solid. To me it looks as if it MIGHT have had a sharpened edge at one time. It looks whole to me, not like it was broken off something. :dontknow:

The tie clip/cufflink looks plated.
The earring is stainless.
The fishing weight is another interesting/strange piece. It has the beginnings of the white patina and it's marked for 1/2 ounce. So, I figure it was manufactured but the bottom looks like it was carved? Afraid I don't know much about fishing weights. :)
The tiny little seahorse charm was, well, charming. :)
The button is interestingly designed but the back was all corroded. It might be a current button or a hundred years old. :dontknow:
The wheat cent was nice. 55-D.
The rest just kept my interest in-between.
Funny, i figure this place has been hit before but there still should be silver, somewhere! :(

Anyway, a nice lil hunt overall. Very interesting.

Thanks for peeking.

HH!

Attachments

• IMGA1865.JPG
    IMGA1865.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 70
  • IMGA1866.JPG
    IMGA1866.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMGA1867.JPG
    IMGA1867.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 69
  • IMGA1868.JPG
    IMGA1868.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMGA1869.JPG
    IMGA1869.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMGA1870.JPG
    IMGA1870.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 72
  • IMGA1871.JPG
    IMGA1871.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 67
Upvote 1

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's ironic that you found that "carved" fishing weight. I found something today that I thought was a fishing weight at first, but it appears to be completely hand carved. There is actually a little hole at the top that goes through to the other side. Trying to find my scale to weight it, but it's about 1 1/2" tall and 3/4" wide at it's widest point, so it's quite heavy...I cant see it being used in a pond or stream around here. The house site dates back to the late 1800's, but it doesn't have a thick white patina on it. I can't believe that it could possibly be modern. Really strange relic! :icon_scratch:

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My kind of hunting! Variety! Well done

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread