Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a pretty nice day today so I took my AT-Pro for a walk around the schoolyard. No planned hunt, no gridding, just a very pleasant afternoon walk on a sunny, cool Sunday. What a nice day!

On top of all that, I actually found a nice, diverse bit of treasures.

Here's the take:

IMGA3333.JPG
IMGA3334.JPG

This is the "F" reed. I keep this up and I'll build my own squeeze box. ;)

IMGA3335.JPG IMGA3336.JPG

Appears to be costume.

IMGA3337.JPG

Kinda funny, the colors they change to ain't it. :)

IMGA3338.JPG

The whole wheat toast section. Some were in the 30's.

IMGA3339.JPG IMGA3340.JPG

One of those pleasant surprises.

IMGA3341.JPG
IMGA3342.JPG

Find 'em this way sure seems to save time. ;)

IMGA3343.JPG

I figure WWII

IMGA3344.JPG

Now, when was the last time you seen a phone number with just 3 numbers? LOL

IMGA3345.JPG

Neat thing is, after being buried for however long it was, (and it was down there!). Just a little soap & water
and the durn thing still works! Opened it up so you can see the neat work on the key.

All in all, like I said, a VERY pleasant day!

Thanks for stopping by.

HH!

Upvote 4

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are those times when the "un-planned hunt", just out for a lark are the most pleasant ones like more relaxing. Some of the designs on older products are really great, just like your key with 3 #'s for the phone. Build your own 'Squeeze Box" LOL. Oh, any pheasants out there? Take another walk...............63bkpkr

I used to carry a small/little bottle with a large open mouth and screw on lid with some 'Koil' in it or K oil, it is a high penetrating oil for cutting through rust/corrosion. With pennies it would remove the 'crust' from the coin and leave the surface pittied showing the corrosion damage but at least they would be cleaner. You might give it a try on a coin that is already toast and see what it looks like after soaking for hours/days/weeks. FYI

Last edited:
OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are those times when the "un-planned hunt", just out for a lark are the most pleasant ones like more relaxing. Some of the designs on older products are really great, just like your key with 3 #'s for the phone. Build your own 'Squeeze Box" LOL. Oh, any pheasants out there? Take another walk...............63bkpkr

I used to carry a small/little bottle with a large open mouth and screw on lid with some 'Koil' in it or K oil, it is a high penetrating oil for cutting through rust/corrosion. With pennies it would remove the 'crust' from the coin and leave the surface pittied showing the corrosion damage but at least they would be cleaner. You might give it a try on a coin that is already toast and see what it looks like after soaking for hours/days/weeks. FYI

Yeah, I actually prefer to just wander about and see what the good Lord will lead me over. It is just so much more fun.

One thing I'd like to confirm though is the U.S. button. I'm pretty sure it's WWII. :dontknow:

Thanks for the response and the tip!

HH!

rastinirv

Jan 21, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff. Love that key thingamajig. Is it an advertising key ring they'd give away, but it only held one key? Pretty clever either way. Beautiful key, too.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff. Love that key thingamajig. Is it an advertising key ring they'd give away, but it only held one key? Pretty clever either way. Beautiful key, too.

Ya know, I'm just not sure. The key seems to had been made into this holder. :dontknow:

Thanks!
HH!

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool finds, I love a nice easy unplanned hunt.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing like a pleasant stroll in the park picking up treasure. Nice day outside and some cool finds. Thanks for sharing. Good post sir! I would say War World II as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread