Just a random Thursday..

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got bored today at lunch and decided to get back into CRH for the week..Called fifth third bank and the teller guy said they had Lady Liberty coins, I asked if they were the gold ones he said no, they are silver..He also stated he had some halves..I get there half excited (but not getting my hopes up) purchase 44 dollars worth and immediately see that the supposed "lady liberty" coins are just Susan B Anthony dollars, that newb, but he did admit he didn't know the names of the coins which was admirable...As Im about to turn around to walk out of the joint this old guy behind me overheard what I was asking for and and butts in and asks me if i'm a silver hunter (WOW RANDOM) and i proceed to just say noo not today but i have looked in the past, I told him its back breaking work compared to what you actually find, he agreed and I left the bank happier than a beta fish in a plastic bag..Get back to my car nothing special in the stash, a bunch of bicentennials which i'm assuming were apart of someones collection (everyone held on to those things back in the day thinking that they would be worth something), found an San Francisco Susan B Anthony (a throw back) and just normal presidential dollars which included the dates and "in god we trust"..ALL duds....BUT when I decided to dump them at my dump bank, one of the tellers (a supposed coin guru (doesn't know anything)) lit up with joy to see my handful of UNWRAPPED miscellaneous coins..she quickly hands me 44 dollars and what she said would "lighten my load"..sure did hey thanks teller lady, hope you like clad..moral of the story is, ya never know until you try and even if you get duds it may make someones day by turning them into a teller..WHO KNOWS lol. Until next time...OnARoll Out!

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coin_collection.gif
Very enjoyable read OnARoll - thanks!

OP
OP