Just a regular walk today. Was a nice day.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't feel like working too hard today to uncover the past so I just opted for a battery
fund walk. Seemed to work ok.

2015 (610).jpg
2015 (611).jpg

Still find it a bit interesting, these magnetic Canadian dimes. :)

2015 (612).jpg
2015 (613).jpg

Must've made this medal out of used zincolns! ;)

2015 (614).jpg
2015 (615).jpg

You know that Fishy seems to be happy all the time,
But, this time he's smiling at something else. He knows
that Blingie can't read. LOL

Anyway, just a nice day out and even a few interesting pieces.

Thanks for peeking!

2015 (31).jpg

Upvote 6

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad to see you got out. Nothing wrong with that clad haul. :thumbsup:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You took a regular walk, I took a regular drive:dontknow:. I made a big loop and traveled some roads out in Amish country yesterday. Only one permission from a nice old lady in a promising looking 19th century brick home. I should have just went for a walk lol:icon_scratch:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should also try to make some just regular walks maybe I can come up with some stuff like that. Other than pull tabs and little bits of scrap I never see that many coins clad or otherwise.

SirWalterRaleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Raleigh, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett pinpointer
Lesche 85 and Sampson t-handle 31"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That seems like a good old regular walk to me. I'd be happy with that find. I always get super excited when I dig up a quarter lol

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a nice day of walking and digging

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You took a regular walk, I took a regular drive:dontknow:. I made a big loop and traveled some roads out in Amish country yesterday. Only one permission from a nice old lady in a promising looking 19th century brick home. I should have just went for a walk lol:icon_scratch:

Ya know, this is kind of puzzling to me. I know that comparatively my finds are somewhat lack luster, usually. I'm ok with that but I'm a bit confused why finding a clad coin appears to be such a rarity to some. Could be just that I'm spoiled by target rich areas. But, they REALLY shouldn't be. I mean that outside of the replenishing that goes on in these popular areas I hunt, they really shouldn't be "target rich". I'm hunting places, most of the time, that have been and are being hunted almost severely!

If you notice, most of the clad coins I put up show marked discoloration! I mean they're not surface drops that are still sort of shiny. They are usually 1 to 5 inches down! Meaning they've been there a while! So, how is it that so many are missed? What am I doing that's so different? Oh sure, I find that I've also missed stuff. After all, Ive hunted these very same grounds multiple times. I know I can zig instead of zag too. Usually, I'll go there knowing that I'm looking for recent drops. After all, I'll equally take a brand new diamond ring just as well as an antique. ;) I almost ALWAYS find these quarters and can't figure how they're repeatedly missed by so many! LOL

If you recall, Dave, even that field you took me to, (which you almost apologized for not having something better to offer), I still walked away from there with a handful of clad and even a wheatie. :dontknow:

Guess the Lord really DOES know what He's doing! As he leads my feet every time out. :)

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
LOOKS AS IF BLINGIE AND FISHY DONT KNOW WHAT TO THINK OF THE QUOTE ON THE PENDANT . NICE FINDS .

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I totally understand when you say, "I know I can zig instead of zag too" I keep pulling deep discolored coins out of places that plenty of people have been over with a coil. The good news is that I sometimes find an even deeper silver that was being masked by the clad.
Nice hunt.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I totally understand when you say, "I know I can zig instead, zag too" I keep pulling deep discolored coins out of places that plenty of people have been over with a coil. The good news is that I sometimes find an even deeper silver that was being masked by the clad.
Nice hunt.

Yeah, I know. Last time out I got one of those 90-95 hits in all directions and thought to myself, Here goes!! :)
It was two clad quarters lying one on top of the other. LOL :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread