Just a request

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please no more dangling carrot threads. I don't find them funny or entertaining. They are irritating. They remind me of a child screaming out to be the center of attention, or Donkey at the beginning of the Shrek DVD screaming "pick me pick me". Honestly if you really need to be the center of attention go buy a bunch of AG an post as a find.

I am not the posting police I am just asking for a request. Again, ASKING, not demanding.

Thank you I will now step off my soapbox. Good night

Upvote 0

Rushfan

Aug 18, 2012
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Other
I find this post... disturbing. The message relates to the title of the thread. It is clear and concise. It is polite. It is not accusing anyone of anything. It does not single anyone out for ridicule. No complaints about "newbies". It is not an attack on the forum or the mods.

Are you sure you posted in the right forum???

Rushfan... enduring a 6 box skunk streak ... HH!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prime Rib promised, hamburger served... LOL..

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
carrot-dangle.gif

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take it easy, The guy was obviously excited to see 90%ers ontop of his bag...

God forbid he didnt have a spy phone handy to upload pics...

If there is a little paperclip next to a post, that means it includes pictures.. if you dont want to read content, just make sure there is a paperclip before you click on a post

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to let you know that I have 3 boxes waiting for me in the morning but since you dont like dangling.... lol =P

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 2 cents worth...

I have noticed 2 types of threaders lately on the CRH forum:

1) People who like to post finds, offer tips/advice on CRH, say nice things to other members, and... sometimes dangle a carrot when they get a little excited about walking into a bank and kicking the bank's @ss for several hundred dollars. Then, there's the other threads posted by...
2) People who like to pick fights, criticize others' posts, bicker and b@tch about everything.

Type 1 I get - this is a forum where people post things and bounce ideas off each other.
Type 2 I don't quite get - and I won't even want to throw a reason out there.

If I wanted the drama, I would go on Facebook. If you are a poster of the Type 2 variety, do us all a favor and go b@tch on Facebook.

OP
OP
47thelement

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calm down folks, I have not cursed at anybody. I used caps only once and that was to emphasis the fact this entire thread was a request. Only a request. I thought long and hard before I started the thread out of fear I would be attacked. I guess I should have known better.

db23

Mar 18, 2011
Please no more dangling carrot threads. I don't find them funny or entertaining. They are irritating. They remind me of a child screaming out to be the center of attention...
In case you haven't noticed, the forum has become overrun with children. I'd bet that 90% of the active posters are under 21.

CurlysGold

Sep 23, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We are a bunch of young immature kids!!! I hope you grumpy OLD TIMERS, that don't like to have any FUN, hurry up and CROAK SO YOUR old ladies will dump your collection for ME to find!!!

OP
OP
47thelement

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CurlysGold said:
We are a bunch of young immature kids!!! I hope you grumpy OLD TIMERS, that don't like to have any FUN, hurry up and CROAK SO YOUR old ladies will dump your collection for ME to find!!!

Wow look somebody turn this into a dangling carrot. Nope not biting

Db23 nice to see your still around.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
In case you haven't noticed, the forum has become overrun with children. I'd bet that 90% of the active posters are under 21.

I'm pretty sure that's true. I'm 13, and I know many are like 16, 17, 18, etc.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Sag, you're only 13?? Really fooled me. I pegged ya far more mature then most of the 13 year olds I know. and I absolutely love this thread so far. all the niceness is truely humbling and refreshing over the backstabbing, snarling, clawing, OOPS! Sorry channeling my inner wolf. Bad wolf! no prime rib or hamburger for you.

LOL (J/K) I really do like this thread so far. Definitely a reminder to what this forum could be like.

Hugs!
-Garoulady

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think its all good just have fun and find what ever your looking for?? Even clad me i hate clad. I just sold 11 painted halfs for $20. It does sound like some guys just need some one to tell whats going on. You just need some one you can call any time a crh friend. i have a few. We talk every day.Then post what you find. Good luck to all

CurlysGold

Sep 23, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tim's right. It's nice to have a bunch of people that can relate to the success and frustrations of CRH. Really I don't mind the dangling carrot especially if you deliver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread