Just a request

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please no more dangling carrot threads. I don't find them funny or entertaining. They are irritating. They remind me of a child screaming out to be the center of attention, or Donkey at the beginning of the Shrek DVD screaming "pick me pick me". Honestly if you really need to be the center of attention go buy a bunch of AG an post as a find.

I am not the posting police I am just asking for a request. Again, ASKING, not demanding.

Thank you I will now step off my soapbox. Good night

Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody is telling anyone how to act. A request was made...very nicely I might add. Abide by the request, or don't. Its not a big deal.

I have wanted to start a thread for a long time now myself making the same request. I see no need for the "dangling carrot" thread either. To keep up with the issue at hand, I have to often re-check , re-check, and re-check the same thread so many times its frustrating. All of that can simply be avoided by waiting until you have results to post. To me, that is just common courtesy. I do not care for that type of thread at all. With that said, that is simply my opinion. I am no more and no less important on this forum than any other member. I am entitled to state my opinion, and everyone else is entitled to share their opinion of my opinion or anything else for that matter. I do know that if I was posting in a way that many other members didn't like, I would absolutely want to know about it. Depending on how strongly I felt on the issue, I might or might not change the way I post, but at least I wouldn't be completely oblivious to the fact that many didn't like how I was posting.

I think we pretty much all agree there is way too much bickering in this forum. However, some folks get all riled up over someone simply stating a differing opinion, and that is far from unnecessary bickering. I would think that if you can't take someone having a differing opinion then you probably shouldn't post on an open internet forum. To me, that is the absolute best thing of a forum such as this. We can take a sometimes controversial issue (not that I think this particular issue is really that important at all), share our own opinions on the matter, and have a much better database of knowledge on the subject for everyone that reads it to form his/her own opinion on the subject, as well as possibly changing our own opinion on the matter if someone else has a compelling argument against it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread