Alloffroad

Sep 14, 2016
Lassen county California
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, tesoro lobo vlf discriminator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
14738820480741107736110.jpg
Is it just a rock with a weird wear mark or was it a tool of some sort?

Upvote 2

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No way to tell, really. I grew up around several running streams and rivers and found all sorts of odd rocks.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the Forum from White Plains, New York! :occasion14:

What you have is very special. It's called a "Story" rock. If the story you make up to go with it is good enough, it could be worth hundreds on ebay. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
A

Alloffroad

Sep 14, 2016
Lassen county California
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, tesoro lobo vlf discriminator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I found it in lassen county ca. In a field of sage brush. Nowhere near an creek beds, old or presently running. It is a bit bigger than the palm of my hand and about 1-2 inches thick. I like the story rock theory:occasion14:

Palmetto Pony

Aug 21, 2016
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus /Teknetics T2 Classic/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you get no definitive answer here I'd suggest a rock and gem shop for ID. When I lived in S. Texas my young son came home with a "rock" and showed my wife what he found. She wanted to throw it away stating it was an "old dried up dog turd". Yes, it DID kinda look like it! He showed it to me and I agreed with him, not doggy dodo. To prove us wrong she took to a rock and gem shop in a town nearby. Turned out it was a lava bomb (volcanic bomb), from an ancient volcano nearby (66+ million years!). Ya never know what cool thing ya may have!

p.s. I'm guessing it could be a fossilized animal track.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your Great Grandpa took out Jessie James with a sling shot and this rock while chewing tabacco and wrangling a cattle hustler!!!!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It could be a fossil hoof print .Contact discovery center Chowchilla ca.Send picture they can tell you if fossil print or not.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
THATS THE ROCK MY WIFE HAD THROWN AT ME FOR GOING DETECTING. NEW MEMBER WELCOME NOT SURE OF YOUR FIND , BUT ITS NEET.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread