Just another Clad Kind Of Day

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
Hi gang! Just got in from having lunch with my lovely wife. We met at a local restaurant for our midday nourishment as I was on one side of town and she on the other. I went metal detecting this morning on my day off while she took care of a doctor's appointment. I wasn't needed at the appointment so I got in a little sweep time at a local park where I visit to collect some change every now and then. And true to form, though I've found much more money there at other times, I still managed to pull some clad out of the dirt and grass again today. I was pleasantly surprised as it's been so dry here lately that it's getting very hard to dig in most places. I was surprised that it wasn't so hard to dig today that is, because we had some much needed rainfall last night and from the sounds of it outside my window right now, we've got some more moving in! Anyway, the rain moistened the ground enough that I wasn't having too much difficulty retrieving my finds this morning. Lots of pennies though.. no old coins, no silver, no bling what so ever! *sigh* I found part of a key, and what I thought was a marble, till I saw the hole in it.. I suppose it's just a big Bead of some sort. All told I found $1.67 cents. That doesn't sound like much, but it was 32 FINDS from hits with the magic wand.. not counting the other twenty or thirty hits that turned out to be pull tabs, bottle caps, cans and other scrap that just goes in the nearest garbage can. Each hit and each dig is a chance to find a treasure. Each hit and each dig is excitement and anticipation. Each hit and each dig makes for an emotional roller coaster that just keeps the adrenaline flowing and a spring in your step. How many other hobbies are like that? <Smile> So $1.67 isn't much, it's still PRICELESS!

But I'm still looking for that elusive bling and some nice old silver maybe.. <laughing>

June 26 001.jpg

June 26 001.jpg

HH everyone!

Frodov

Attachments

• June 26 001.jpg
    June 26 001.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 205
  • June 26 002.jpg
    June 26 002.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 209
Upvote 0
R

RUDY2003

You're right about the anticipation of what the next hole might have...
Thats kinda the rush...
Great job diggin and it really don't matter how much the value is in money but the value
of the solice time and the thrill of the find.....at least for me anyway....

Keep safe and keep diggin'...

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Sure beats sitting in the waiting room, and more profitable too. Way to go!

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Way to kill time guy! That's what I do as well...if I go to the store I just might have to pass by one of the local tot lots or parks. Then its, "OK, as long as I'm here!" ;D

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Congrats on a good day, coin hunting is not a way to get rich so sometimes we dig it a dollar at a time!

ktreffin

May 29, 2007
Southwest Florida
Frodov said:
..... Each hit and each dig is a chance to find a treasure. Each hit and each dig is excitement and anticipation. Each hit and each dig makes for an emotional roller coaster that just keeps the adrenaline flowing and a spring in your step. How many other hobbies are like that?

Very well said. I have to agree with you 100%.

Congrats on the finds.....

Old coins and nice bling have eluded me so far, but I am happy to keep finding newer clad. Hopefully, one day my time will come.

Great job, keep up the great work.

HH!

Ken

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread