wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
There you go again, Mick. :laughing7: How do you know that Dick Holmes ever said anything that's been attributed to him? You got him on tape or something? When there's such uncertainty as to who said what, perhaps it's better not to use the term "Lie" or "Liar". Do what you want, I'm not going to keep busting your knuckles over this, as I'm pretty sure you're un-trainable at this point!:laughing7:

I was just setting Deducer straight. A white lie is a lie, Twisting the truth is a lie.
And promise broken is a *******.

Sorry if it offends you Sir.

But I’m not one to tiptoe around with words.

You got the wrong guy for that.

Babymick1 And once again I’d be not the one who tells what Holmes Said.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
lol....not sure but i thought we kinda determined that the ore mick has is pyrite last time he posted these pics:icon_scratch:

Dave this is Pyrite, picked it up in Peru.

B3EBCF4E-9637-42EB-A86C-5BF28F5B718C.jpeg

Babymick1

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Hi
I'm new here.
Wondered if anyone could recommend a good detector which is good for 10 meters in jungle conditions

Welcome to Treasurenet! Sorry I can't recommend a detector that can reach ten meters however, that sounds more like ground penetrating radar and is well outside of my budget.

Mick - you are kidding that looks like smelter slag! :tongue3: :occasion14:

Pyrite:
5118253-a-close-up-of-iron-pyrite-mineral-isolated-on-white-background-.jpg

Coffee?

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to Treasurenet! Sorry I can't recommend a detector that can reach ten meters however, that sounds more like ground penetrating radar and is well outside of my budget.

Mick - you are kidding that looks like smelter slag! :tongue3: :occasion14:

Pyrite:
View attachment 1727756

Coffee?

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

O yah it is, my mistake, it contains copper silver lead nickel ect.

babymick1

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That could be correct. Because that particular jeweler may not have had anything to do with the matchbox, or any Dutchman ore.

Let's just forget about the matchbox for a second. Have you seen the pictures of Brownie holding ore, years prior to his passing? There were no affidavits then. There are also pictures of other jewelry that customers of Goldman's had made from Holmes' ore, that aren't so commonly talked about. There are also color pictures of some of that, as well as other specimens of jewelry from Holmes. What they all have in common is that they're in white quartz. If there's any rose coloring, I didn't see it. Maybe there is a little that the photos didn't pick up, I don't know.

This jewelry and ore was known about long before there were any affidavits filed, or before the stuff was passed along to heirs, etc. So all I'm saying is there's no conspiracy to suddenly make the LDM ore out to be white vs. rose quartz beginning in the current era...if you want to believe the LDM contains rose quartz, that's fine, who knows if it does or not...but don't act like there's some modern effort to change what the ore looked like...if something like that happened, which I doubt, it happened long before we were alive.

Jim, I believe jewelers, if one ore specimen has both gold in white quartz and gold in hematrite stained quartz, they would choose the gold in white quartz to make a jewelry. And this maybe because the gold makes more contrast and looks better.
IMO, the LDM inclined shaft has this type of gold in quartz because of the hematite vein which runs parallel with the white quartz, and at the point where the hematite join the white quartz , is inevitable the white quartz to be not stained by the hematite , giving to it a reddish color.
I believe also how what has been " seen " as a rose quartz in all the accounts referring to Superstitions gold, in reallity was hematite stained quartz. Tales of Superstitions gold showed us how out there are only three types of gold in quartz : white quartz , hematite and hematite stained quartz. These are the geological features which would lead to gold in the Superstitions, and the Peraltas knew that.

Natural Gold Indicators (Part 1) - Gold Geology Lesson - RareGoldNuggets.com

Lets look at the NP's ore( pic shot by NP ) from the " knob " mine in the Superstitions. This mine is one of the Peraltas and is depicted in a map. The ore was shot at the mine's spot and as you can see has both gold in white quartz and gold in stained hematitite quartz.

img392.jpg

Is a real example of what happened whith the LDM ore when was made a jewelry. We can see on the LDM jewelries only the white quartz and some people can swear the LDM quartz was white, but what would be happened if the jewelers would choose to use the hematite stained quartz? We would swear the LDM ore had hematite stained ( rose ) quartz?

Is anybody still searching for the LDM after NP pic? Is more rich ore than the 30% gold from the LDM inclined shaft.

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Jim, I believe jewelers, if one ore specimen has both gold in white quartz and gold in hematrite stained quartz, they would choose the gold in white quartz to make a jewelry. And this maybe because the gold makes more contrast and looks better.
IMO, the LDM inclined shaft has this type of gold in quartz because of the hematite vein which runs parallel with the white quartz, and at the point where the hematite join the white quartz , is inevitable the white quartz to be not stained by the hematite , giving to it a reddish color.
I believe also how what has been " seen " as a rose quartz in all the accounts referring to Superstitions gold, in reallity was hematite stained quartz. Tales of Superstitions gold showed us how out there are only three types of gold in quartz : white quartz , hematite and hematite stained quartz. These are the geological features which would lead to gold in the Superstitions, and the Peraltas knew that.

Natural Gold Indicators (Part 1) - Gold Geology Lesson - RareGoldNuggets.com

Lets look at the NP's ore( pic shot by NP ) from the " knob " mine in the Superstitions. This mine is one of the Peraltas and is depicted in a map. The ore was shot at the mine's spot and as you can see has both gold in white quartz and gold in stained hematitite quartz.

View attachment 1727888

Is a real example of what happened whith the LDM ore when was made a jewelry. We can see on the LDM jewelries only the white quartz and some peole can swear the LDM quartz was white, but what would be happened if the jewelers would choose to use the hematite stained quartz? We would swear the LDM ore had hematite stained ( rose ) quartz?

Is anybody still searching for the LDM after NP pic? Is more rich ore than the 30% gold from the LDM inclined shaft.
marius..i think the real problem with the rose quartz theory is waltz never said it was rose quartz...that came along later...the matchbox is definitely not rose quartz...i have seen it up close......there is quite a bit of rose quartz at the south end of the supers...down by queen valley and over by happy camp but none has ever been found in the mountains....i think the rose quartz theory was started by bicknell maybe?

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
marius..i think the real problem with the rose quartz theory is waltz never said it was rose quartz...that came along later...the matchbox is definitely not rose quartz...i have seen it up close......there is quite a bit of rose quartz at the south end of the supers...down by queen valley and over by happy camp but none has ever been found in the mountains....i think the rose quartz theory was started by bicknell maybe?

Dave, I believe the problem started from those who didn't have the knowledge to distinguish the rose quartz from the hematite stained quartz.
There are some places with rose quartz at the south end of the Superstitions, but only one spot has gold in it.

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Dave, I believe the problem started from those who didn't have the knowledge to distinguish the rose quartz from the hematite stained quartz.
There are some places with rose quartz at the south end of the Superstitions, but only one spot has gold in it.
marius...most of the quartz in arizona is heavily iron stained...in arizona its pretty rare to find gold in pure white quartz...

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Marius, do you believe that NP had found the Lost Dutchman's mine? If so, what convinced you? Thanks in advance, and ditto to what Dave posted - people have been mixing up the lost Waggoner mine which was rose quartz gold with the white quartz of Waltz, probably started by Bicknell, whom was actively hunting for the lost mine himself and probably published false information to mislead his competitors. Thanks in advance,
Roy

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
In that case, you don't need a passport to get down here. You're invited to dinner if you can make it.

Muchas gracias mi hermano - thank you for the invite that I rudely butted in to, wish I could get there to have dinner with you but won't be in AZ until fall unfortunately. I hope you will have a cold one in my place.

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
marius...most of the quartz in arizona is heavily iron stained...in arizona its pretty rare to find gold in pure white quartz...
i talked to np when he was on the forum...he seemed sincere about working a mine near palomino mountain....he said he used to hang around bob ward and chuck crawford when they were all at burns ranch

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
THAT looks like a custom made Pyrite Skull

Mike

Mike it is, I made it, I made 5, I kept 1 and put the other 4 on my brothers front fender of There Harley’s. There friends wanted to buy them for there bikes. That was my intention! But the Bro’s
didn’t want but only the 5, So that’s it, There’s five of them. But I did put copper pennies in the mix, nickels and silver dimes.

And Peru is not a country in this case, it’s a Town not far from where I live. So that’s where I keep my Smelter, So I did pick them up in Peru

Babymick1

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Mike it is, I made it, I made 5, I kept 1 and put the other 4 on my brothers front fender of There Harley’s. There friends wanted to buy them for there bikes. That was my intention! But the Bro’s
didn’t want but only the 5, So that’s it, There’s five of them. But I did put copper pennies in the mix, nickels and silver dimes.

And Peru is not a country in this case, it’s a Town not far from where I live. So that’s where I keep my Smelter, So I did pick them up in Peru

Babymick1
i better go get my hip boots....getting kinda deep in here:BangHead:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius, do you believe that NP had found the Lost Dutchman's mine? If so, what convinced you? Thanks in advance, and ditto to what Dave posted - people have been mixing up the lost Waggoner mine which was rose quartz gold with the white quartz of Waltz, probably started by Bicknell, whom was actively hunting for the lost mine himself and probably published false information to mislead his competitors. Thanks in advance,
Roy

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee:

Hi Roy

No, I don't believe NP found the LDM. Was only his believe. Is true NP's mine has almost the same clues to find it as the LDM, but the difference is how the NP's mine is in a cave and for the LDM someone have to pass through a cave/tunnel, to get out in the open again and to climb down a short distance to the mine.
Another difference is how from NP mine you can see the WN but from LDM you can't. If someone knows where the mines are, he could see from each mine the other.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i talked to np when he was on the forum...he seemed sincere about working a mine near palomino mountain....he said he used to hang around bob ward and chuck crawford when they were all at burns ranch

Yes Dave, is true. NP was a young man ( born in 1950 ) when used to hang around Bob Ward and Chuck Crawford. Was more close to Bob and they did some research together in East Boulder , La Barge and surrounding areas. Were also together when they saw the ghost of the " floating woman " one night close to Crystal Spring.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread