Just back from Iraq

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Hi everyone. I just got back from Al Asad Airbase in western Anbar, Iraq.

We are winning. Casualty numbers are dropping, and the Iraqi people are really stepping up and taking charge of their own destiny. It will be a long time before all the corruption is cleaned up, but then again, we brought our own share with us when we brought in our contractors.

Personally, I think KBRs motto should be "That is not our Job." I heard it often enough when I was there.

Another little known Iraq fact: Most of the work that is done over there is done by TCNs, or Third Country Nationals. These are Bangladeshis, Indians, and other people from the Middle East and Asia that work long hours for low pay. They do this cheerfully, and almost every one I talked to hoped that one day they would get to emigrate to America and become citizens. That made me proud and amazed, considering how badly most of my fellow soldiers treated these guys.

I grew up dirt poor in Lousiana. I am using my military career and benefits to make my life better, get educated and make life better for my wife and daughter. That is all a lot of these guys wanted.

Never forget, we are a nation of immigrants. As far as I am concerned, people who want to come here to work should be allowed to. Anyone who wants to come here and join our military without being citizens first should be conferred citizenship at the first possible chance.

I am no hero. I was safe and comfortable the whole time I was in Iraq. I missed my wife and daughter, but got to call and email them every day if I wanted.

I urge you all to support the guys who do the hard stuff, and are in danger every day. Groups like SoldiersAngels and AnySoldier.com do amazing work supporting troops, and everyone should support them.

Sorry for the rant, I amjust glad to be home and want to make sure my fellow servicemen and women get taken care of. Until everyone comes home, let no one be forgotten.

Now, as soon as I get another MD, I will be out there, clearing the tot lots of clad, and looking for doodads and thingamabobs.

swampfox

Feb 19, 2007
orangeburgh,south carolina
Detector(s) used
ace 250 and others
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you from a fellow vet in south carolina. i was in desert storm and i know what the area is all about. thanks again and am glad u came home safe. God bless and hh. swampfox

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree 100% . Lots of good things are happening in Iraq ,most you never hear of. I got back in Jan. of this year.It was great to get letters and care packages from strangers. I really liked the letters from the kids ,they were great .I read one where a kid had drawn a picture of a tank running over people . I guess that's what most kids picture when they think of war. We all had a good laugh about that one.

Jazdo

Oct 11, 2007
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes,Golden Sabre II, & Inca!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back..

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you're home safe, thanks to all the Veterans who have served.

Fossis..............

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am glad to hear of your safe return. It was good to hear the real truth in your report. I hope all, the Iraqi's there immigrants and our soldiers stay safe a do well. Thanks again, from one Veteran (US Army 79-85) to another.

Ed D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions