Just call me Picaso

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got this miller table and man, so much better then panning black sands. Overall it's not as fast as I thought it would be but I haven't played around with the angle much. Might work better at a steeper angle.

I'm am for sure catching the smallest of gold with this. Just tiny little specks stick to the plate and you can brush them into the vial.

So now I'm just chilling,sitting on a bucket in my garage with a cold beer in one hand and a small paintbrush in the other. So much more relaxing and enjoyable then panning it plus I'm getting stuff I never got with a pan.

Attachments

• 1433991193319.jpg
    1433991193319.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Upvote 0

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't want too much of an angle.That's how they work. It just takes time. Enjoy the beer and small gold.

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. Miller is rolling over in his grave as many things called a miler table and that sure ain't one-John

Well what should it be called then John? Cause it works like a charm!

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like a decent unit for the price. Does it come with the container and pump?

Yes it comes with the tub, pump, tailing tub, paint brush and a couple vials. Everything you need. Plug and play.

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well what should it be called then John? Cause it works like a charm!

It may work....most gold contraptions do because they are all based on gravity and that has been around a while. All I know is. it is no Miller table. Perhaps a miniaturized copy of the theory of operation but Miller it is not. A genuine Miller would work circles around this toy.

I dont mean to piss on your campfire but this is just the reality of the situation...

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if you type "miller table" into google. These are the only results you get. The toy...so I guess we will have to take this up with Google.

Anybody care to post pic of a "real" miller table then.

ebuyc

Jan 17, 2012
Spokane, Washington
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well if you type "miller table" into google. These are the only results you get. The toy...so I guess we will have to take this up with Google.

Anybody care to post pic of a "real" miller table then.

A Miller table was originally made from slate. No vibration, waves or anything like that. This absolutely is a Miller table in every sense of the word.
It is not a Gemni table nor a wave table. It is not a jig - it is a Miller table...

How to Build and Operate a Miller Table.

My 2 bits...

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A pic of a real Miller table is rare. They have been out of business for 30 years, long before digital pics. The original Miller table is probably the most copied piece of mining equipment ever, especially since they went OOB and you couldn't just buy one anymore. The originals were about 2' wide and 5' long. They had a slate table and had tiny cuts on the upper end, about 1/16" deep, like miniature drop riffles. Other companies like Wilfley got a hold of it and put vibration or oscillation on it. I have actually only seen one in person. Grivy brought it to the DEF rally, his had a pulsating water supply.

Not a single one that you see in a google search is a true Miller table, they are all rip offs of the original design, every one.

Hoser, You got a pic?

Last edited:
OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool story. But I don't see why you wouldn't call this a miller table, other then being a mining eliteist. It's the same thing. Other then being slate....is slate supposed to be some kind of gold magnet?:D
I didn't call it a miller table. That's what 99 percent of the population calls it. Google miller table.
Anyways. It's a very cool toy. I like it call it whatever you want to and I would recommend it to anybody that is a "hobby miner" like myself.

works great :P

Last edited:

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A pic of a real Miller table is rare. They have been out of business for 30 years, long before digital pics. The original Miller table is probably the most copied piece of mining equipment ever, especially since they went OOB and you couldn't just buy one anymore. The originals were about 2' wide and 5' long. They had a slate table and had tiny cuts on the upper end, about 1/16" deep, like miniature drop riffles. Other companies like Wilfley got a hold of it and put vibration or oscillation on it. I have actually only seen one in person. Grivy brought it to the DEF rally, his had a pulsating water supply.

Not a single one that you see in a google search is a true Miller table, they are all rip offs of the original design, every one.

Hoser, You got a pic?

I think the old magazine Popular Mining had photos of original Miller Tables.

Maitland

Mar 15, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Detector(s) used
White's Silver Eagle, Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Glad to hear you're satisfied with your Miller table (or whatever anyone else wants to call it), mytimetoshine. I've kind of been thinking about buying one because we've got such super-fine gold here and I'm sure something like that would really be a benefit to me. I pan and collect what I can, and the rest I throw in a bucket because I know it has really fine stuff in it still. I am very nearsighted so I probably get more fine gold the first time panning it out than most guys do, and I still have lots of that stuff that's so tiny it almost wants to float away!

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maitland I bet if you run all your saved up sand on one of these you get a nice haul. So far it's catching everything visible to the naked eye. I ran some tailings and could not find any color. The smallest pieces I've ever seen were easy ly brushed into the vial. It's just nice and relaxing too. The sound of the water is like one of those little serenity water features.

Last edited:

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cool story. But I don't see why you wouldn't call this a miller table, other then being a mining eliteist. It's the same thing. Other then being slate....is slate supposed to be some kind of gold magnet?:D
I didn't call it a miller table. That's what 99 percent of the population calls it. Google miller table.
Anyways. It's a very cool toy. I like it call it whatever you want to and I would recommend it to anybody that is a "hobby miner" like myself.

works great :P

I am not a mining elitist, I am just have experience, you should get some. I have just been doing this long enough that I know copies from the original.

No argument from me that these new "miller tables" are not outstanding in fine gold recovery because the technology has been previously proven. I agree completely that they are one of the best final clean up devices available on the market today.

I am pointing out that it is not a Miller table. They are miniaturized ripoffs of the original MT design.
A smartcar is not a Ford Model T, it is a miniaturized reproduction of the original technology. Would you call every car on the road a Ford Model T? I don't really care what google or 99% of the people think... If you google "fridge", refrigerators of all kinds will pop up but the original "fridge" is the Frigidaire brand...so what?
Any "hobby miner" can buy one of these toys for under $100 and it will work just dandy but if you want the holy grail, an actual Miller table, it's priceless, good luck even finding one.
And yes....slate is a gold magnet...experience has taught me that.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Here are a lot of Miller Tables but they don't recover fine Gold!

Tables - Herman Miller

In all honesty, who really cares if the O.P.'s fine Gold recovery Equipment is a genuine Miller Table or not, it works and that is what counts! Maybe we can call it a "Not-So-Miller-Table" or a "Not-So-Much-A-Miller Table" or something else but if built on the original concept of a Miller Table, why can't it be called that!!?? Who knows who actually came up with the concept and design of the first Gold Sluice and built one or more but every one built since that time has been called a Gold Sluice with the exception of the Bazooka Gold Trap and a few others, LOL!!

Frank

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gives me a idea of making one with the left over slate tile I have, especially if slate is a key componient

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are a lot of Miller Tables but they don't recover fine Gold!

Tables - Herman Miller

In all honesty, who really cares if the O.P.'s fine Gold recovery Equipment is a genuine Miller Table or not, it works and that is what counts! Maybe we can call it a "Not-So-Miller-Table" or a "Not-So-Much-A-Miller Table" or something else but if built on the original concept of a Miller Table, why can't it be called that!!?? Who knows who actually came up with the concept and design of the first Gold Sluice and built one or more but every one built since that time has been called a Gold Sluice with the exception of the Bazooka Gold Trap and a few others, LOL!!

Frank

Right.... I think I'm gonna go thru all the "sluice box" threads and set everyone straight. If you don't have original equipment its just a toy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions