Just Clad

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
I do not make spectacular finds like a lot t TNet members. To give you an idea of my typical weekend outing finds, here are two pictures. One of the junk finds and one of the clad finds. These finds resulted from hunting 3 different sites on Saturday and three different sites on Sunday. That is 6 different locations in two days. Just thought I would share with you to show others that not everybody makes spectacular finds. I enjoy getting out and getting my share of the clad.

Attachments

• coins.JPG
    coins.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 201
  • Junk Items.JPG
    Junk Items.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 204
Upvote 0

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
I agree with whizbang! While I've been lucky to hit a few good finds, mostly I wind up with clad and a bag heavy with trash. I've had a lot of fun finding clad, and that's what it's all about. If I'm coming up short too many times looking for silver or just old stuff, I'll go out specifically for clad and have a good time finding it!!! Clad paid for my new coil... :wink:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
That second pile looks VERY familiar! lol Glad you are out having fun! Here's hoping you get your coil on top of a spectacular find as well! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
whizbang said:
Ray, just so you know, you're not alone. I think all of us have a trash pouch filled with your photo #2 more days than we care to mention. When I go out, 99% of my keepers are clad, bent, plated, powdered or some other inexpensive metallic finish type of cheap, 'somebody probably just threw this away is why it's here it sure ain't worth nothin', thing. But I always think, 'Next time it's going to be my turn'. I'm still waiting for my turn, but I figure I still have lots of time left. Like the man says, 'Just keep on keepin' on'. Best of luck to you!

Yes, I keep "Next time, but I hope this time" in the back of my mind. ;D

Ray S

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
kimsdad said:
I agree with whizbang! While I've been lucky to hit a few good finds, mostly I wind up with clad and a bag heavy with trash. I've had a lot of fun finding clad, and that's what it's all about. If I'm coming up short too many times looking for silver or just old stuff, I'll go out specifically for clad and have a lot of good time finding it!!! Clad paid for my new coil... :wink:

Clad adds up. I would have to say it paid for my detector, but over a few years. I average about $150 to $200 a year in spendable clad.

Ray S

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Cynangyl said:
That second pile looks VERY familiar! lol Glad you are out having fun! Here's hoping you get your coil on top of a spectacular find as well! :thumbsup:

Cynangyl,

That pile of junk is smaller than normal for some rason. It us usually about twice that size. (or may be it just seems so) :D

I have made some nice (but not spectacular) finds this year. Just wanted to post what finds I get on the average, MD outing. One day I will get access to an older property and make some nice finds....one day........ LOL

Ray S

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Ray S ECenFL said:
Cynangyl said:

Cynangyl,

That pile of junk is smaller than normal for some rason. It us usually about twice that size. (or may be it just seems so) :D

I have made some nice (but not spectacular) finds this year. Just wanted to post what finds I get on the average, MD outing. One day I will get access to an older prperty and make some nice finds....one day........ LOL

Ray S

lol yes, it is kinda small in comparison to a lot of my junk too! lol At CTH2 Mel took pity on me and let me unload my junk in his pickup so I could go find more! rofl

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
Everybody digs junk,and as for the clad it adds up could pay for a new detector,pay for your gas or just good to blow on anything else.Money is money ca-ching$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Congrats :thumbsup:

fortbball9

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ray....The Clad for me help's me finance X-Mas ;D Seriously,every little bit help's these day's,Couple hundred $ a year make's a difference.And you just thought I hunted CW site's :thumbsup: Take Care!!!! :wink:

catchdogcross

Sep 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Deleon, Tesoro Tiger Shark
My trash pile is just as big, i usually end up getting poked from all the nails and sundry debris I have in my pockets. The clad is all gravy, going toward xmas, birthday or special treats for the family. I don't care what anyone says, the pennies that people toss is all good to me baby, bring on the pennies! :love5:
Have fun out there, life is so short!
Catchdog

ps
I have found other things, they'll be posted soon as they are "whatsis's"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread