Just cool gold pics from testing.

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guys were nice enough to come into the shop on Sunday to help out with the testing as we had bad storms coming in Monday. (Yes it POURED here) We're doing our 4th round of testing on the new MotherLode mat. This round was to test EXTREME levels / pitches. Upper level of the sluice was set to "blow out" most of the material and the lower end was almost FLAT, not enough exchange. This mat's primary design is for commercial ops to be installed at the end of runs to catch fine gold missed by the upper ends, but we also know we can work it into some of our current equipment if the flow matches.
Anyways... I'll have a video out later this week and also be doing a review on a new 1.5" pump which I'm kind of loving so far.
The mat has two basic "grooves" that are designed to be "imbalanced". So groove #2 stays pretty much bare except for gold. lead, and extreme heavies. Groove #1 is a quieter exchanger.
Thought I'd share some of the pics from that day.
Doc

mlmat112q.jpg
1a.jpg 1afff.jpg 1featureml.jpg 2a.jpg 2afff.jpg 3a.jpg 3afff.jpg 4a.jpg 5a.jpg 6a.jpg 7a.jpg pan333.jpg

Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting looking matting Doc! From a "polymer" processing point of view, I work in Extrusion of tubing, I was wondering if it was solution cast/injection molded/rotary molded but I figure molded in some fashion and the material it is made of is flexible and strong enough to be able to remove all of those angles out of the mold. Interesting and nice work!.....................63bkpkr

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like it might be nice for running beach sand. I could see it running post fluid bed catching anything escaping the bed. Would like best run angle, and water height info.

OP
OP
G

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like it might be nice for running beach sand. I could see it running post fluid bed catching anything escaping the bed. Would like best run angle, and water height info.

Ray in Alaska will be doing some fairly extensive beach sand testing for us. He mostly finds 100 - 300 mesh stuff and his friend did 20+ ounces with our mats last year. So I've asked the to do some further testing with it. The new video is up FYI New Sluice Mat Ready for Market ? Gold and Gem Gazette Magazine It was a fun run and it's REAL easy to TUNE the mat for the size gold you want.

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Caught the vid on the tube. Looks like the setup on the test run was perfect for Superior beach sand. Your cons in the test bucket even looked similar in composition. Just wish I'd find those nuggets on the beach!

Ragnor

Dec 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had your matting in the head of my sluice box this last summer. 90% of the fine and course gold was trapped in the first 8 inches on the black mat. I'm real happy with your product. Keep up the good work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread