Just could not resist sharing...

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This was part of a list published on Facebook of "things Coloradans want to tell new residents and visitors:
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1438962435.758862.jpg

...of course I would also suggest the bicyclist think about the mining needed to produce materials for the pavement, bicycle, helmet, heart rate monitor/watch, shoes, etc!

Upvote 0

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of went sideways here, just thinking! :laughing7: Really not related to your post! I was thinking of what the picture was battling when I posted. That's where I was coming from!:laughing7:

They need to go back to worrying about recycling! Ever see the studies of what happened to that push? Huge money maker! Where is the plastic going now?

That was a program that I could support. If it was legit! They need to stop concentrating on mining and go back and straighten the first projects out!

I don't know about Colorado, I'm just talking in general! The Echeck, doesn't even make sense when really looked at! At least of what I've seen in Oh and GA!

The whole world plays dirty! So, I think prospectors and miners should ban together and use the same type tactics. I've seen this mentioned before. I think it's a good Idea! Push the mercury scare! Start commercials, pump through media that mercury is really causing us a huge problem! Scientific reports, classes,the whole bit! So, bad we need the government to hire people to do something about it! Who would fit the jobs? OHH Prospectors and miners! They have the skills to remove the horrible deadly planet ending poisonous mercury! SO, all of us that have an interest are now paid millions by government to go remove mercury from streams and other ground! Fire with fire! Can't help it gold is a bi product of that service!

Not really!

But it does seem like some of these programs work on the same ideas as I mentioned!

Last edited:

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I seen this posted at Asbury Park NJ boardwalk a few weeks ago. Some people want everyone to know in the hope of recovery.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Was going to attach a flyer for a lost diamond ring but cant seem to do it on my phone.

nfreytag

Aug 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you seen the new bike path being put laid down along Clear Creek? Some of it looks like it is below the high water mark right on top of prime mining area. :BangHead:

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Have you seen the new bike path being put laid down along Clear Creek? Some of it looks like it is below the high water mark right on top of prime mining area. :BangHead:

If you mean Clear Creek Colorado, yes I have. It's a shame to pave over gold without a doubt. On the other hand prospector's are very welcomed in the canyon, including dredging up to 4 inch nozzles with NO paperwork needed! The path was sold to us prospector's by the county as improving our access to more of the creek too...they really do act like they welcome us. Very cool and appropriate since Clear Creek was what started the real Colorado gold rush.

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
If you mean Clear Creek Colorado, yes I have. It's a shame to pave over gold without a doubt. On the other hand prospector's are very welcomed in the canyon, including dredging up to 4 inch nozzles with NO paperwork needed! The path was sold to us prospector's by the county as improving our access to more of the creek too...they really do act like they welcome us. Very cool and appropriate since Clear Creek was what started the real Colorado gold rush.

Yep, every time I go up the Canyon on Tuesday they seem to be making progress. Always look for some dug river rocks in the dirt piles but no luck. I go up on Tuesday with another retired prospector and join the other geezers(retired folk) at the Lodge's $6.22 all you can eat lunch buffet. LOL

George

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions