Just Curious ?

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many out there have ever lost a Cherished Jewelry Piece Be it Silver or Gold ,Ring Or Chain?

I lost a Sterling Cross & Chain That my Mom gave me for Christmas (On Christmas Nite):BangHead:
About 25 years ago.
I was Super Drunk & kinda know where I might have lost it, but the guy I was with was known for his Sticky Fingers.
This and MANY other reasons is why I Don't Drink..:thumbsup:
Davers

Please forgive my Spelling ,But the Cross was made with Silver found on the "Etochia" Shipwreck .

Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you count stolen as "lost", then I lost a bunch of cherished pieces in a burglary 10 years ago. My gold class ring, sentimental silver pieces I'd been given over the years, my early detecting pieces of silver, and every silver ring I owned. The lesson being that if you keep all of you jewelry in a single location, you make it very convenient and quick for thieves to wipe you out.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here, had jewelry taken three times, 10 years apart. First time, class ring, birth stone ring, gold watch, earrings, rings, etc.
Second time they got the rest of what wasn't taken the first time.

Third time they only got a gold necklace I was lazy and didn't "put away", but the idiots took my mom's costume jewelry, state quarters, wedding picture of my daughter and her husband, weird stuff. Now if they want my stuff they better bring a wrecking ball, and God help them if I catch them!
I did loose a gold earring at the bank, never found it!

Prairie Prowler

May 7, 2006
Midwest ILL
Detector(s) used
Fisher1266-/ CZ-20 / Sovereign XS/Excalibur II / Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lost a Gold mens wedding band I found with my detector & not sure where that's the only time I can recall ..A lot of times you need to know almost the exact ( approximate ) spot its lost or it turns into a Goose chase looking for it!!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here, had jewelry taken three times, 10 years apart. First time, class ring, birth stone ring, gold watch, earrings, rings, etc. Second time they got the rest of what wasn't taken the first time. Third time they only got a gold necklace I was lazy and didn't "put away", but the idiots took my mom's costume jewelry, state quarters, wedding picture of my daughter and her husband, weird stuff. Now if they want my stuff they better bring a wrecking ball, and God help them if I catch them! I did loose a gold earring at the bank, never found it!

Wow, MsBeepBeep, that's a lot of bad luck you had. I hope you now have a large and mean dog to fend the thieves off.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I was just asking after reading a couple of the "TODAYS FINDS" Class ring posts and took note of the many other posters who had lost things over the years.

No I did not mean Stolen but it has happened to me as well , when I was 12 living in some Crappy apt's in NW Atlanta "THEY" took all my Mom,s cherished rings, pocket watches and other stuff of my Granddads , who Passed on when she was 22.
Burglars are pure SCUM.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lost my gold HS class ring, but I think it was stolen.

Lafitte Deux

Jan 19, 2012
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While in high school, I lost a silver bracelet that my girlfriend had given to me.
My sister found it in the basement long after I'd moved on after college.
She threw it in a drawer and forgot about; until years later when she was cleaning out an old chest of hers.
She returned it to me for my 40th b'day present! :icon_thumright:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I was just asking after reading a couple of the "TODAYS FINDS" Class ring posts and took note of the many other posters who had lost things over the years. No I did not mean Stolen but it has happened to me as well , when I was 12 living in some Crappy apt's in NW Atlanta "THEY" took all my Mom,s cherished rings, pocket watches and other stuff of my Granddads , who Passed on when she was 22. Burglars are pure SCUM.

As far as burglaries go, I was pretty lucky. I pulled into my driveway as the burglar was only ten feet away from it, wheeling a bunch of my stuff down the street. If I'd arrived a few minutes earlier, I could have met him in the house. He had scaled a porch, cut through screens and then smashed out a window to get in, so we know he had a knife. Except for the bag that likely had my jewelry in it, he dropped most of the stuff including my computer, on the side of the road. Not a good experience but could have been a whole lot worse.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread