Just Figured Out

undergrounddrew

Jan 16, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Technetics G2 Fisher F75 Black, Minelab 3030,Minelab X-Terra 705 and more!!!
I like it!
Let me know the best silver deals you find on Amazon.
I think I will start doing that with credit card and hotel points this coming year!

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
I think silver is expensive right now but I seem to be the only one. I think gold is crazy high but that's not the popular opinion either.

If silver drops to $14 again, I'm a buyer but otherwise, I'm holding off.

What do you think?

JasonB

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish I had bought tons more when it was at $14.

I'm still buying, nice AU/BU Kennedys, a hair over melt.

Franklins to fill the book. Same price.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
JasonB said:
I think silver is expensive right now but I seem to be the only one. I think gold is crazy high but that's not the popular opinion either.

If silver drops to $14 again, I'm a buyer but otherwise, I'm holding off.

What do you think?

JasonB

The way I figure it, not putting your money in anything is taking a guaranteed loss, putting it in a savings account and most CDs is taking a guaranteed loss. Stocks and even bonds are too volatile at the moment, with reputable companies that were seen as "safe" investments like GM falling to nothingness. Will silver come down from the $28-29 it has been keeping up for the past month? Most likely. Will we ever see $4 an ounce silver again? Probably not.

So, is it worse to take a guaranteed loss or take a risk in hopes to preserve your wealth? The US dollar isn't going to ever start increasing in value unless the fed starts burning bills rather than printing them. Unless you have fixed interest-free payments that is fixed in dollars (such as interest free student loans) and of course assuming you have at least some money in a savings account for emergencies, you will be doing nothing but losing money by sitting on it. That is 100% guaranteed.

AGninja

Dec 1, 2010
high priced metals is the new norm. if you can trade in otherwise useless 'points' to buy tangible metals like silver id say thats probably the best possible investment you could put them towards.

For those of you waiting for 15$ silver again - that would require a drastic global economic turnaround from current policy. High metals prices is the new norm and the prices we see today that we think are outrageous might wind up looking like a drop in the bucket to metal prices 5 years from now.

I have a feeling that as silver, whether increases in its own fundamentals or is riding golds coattails to the moon will mean that silver finds in circulation will have gone from rare -> nonexistent. Then again once the every day people are savvy enough to discern a silver coin from a modern minted one, then its probably a good time to start selling rather than saving your coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread