just for your edification

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
a question was asked about Jet Drys ingrediants. the person is from out of the country. . i offered to send him a bottle of this but he said that he probly wouldnt end up getting it.he usually dont receive the packages in the mail. they end up missing!soooooooo i did some goggling on Jet Dry. and since i have several bottles of it and their "ingrediants" are listed, i thought that makes it public information,and ok to post this info. it says the product contains a:non-ionic surfactant......humm,whats that? so i goggle this non-ionic surfactant and one of the products listed showed it as: Alkyl Polyglucoside . for me Jet Dry is very cheap and found everywhere near me, so i just buy it and forget about makeing some. but for someone that cant aquire this. this info maybe good for them.now to figure out what Alkyl Polyglucoside is and where he can get it! i hope this helps someone!

Upvote 0

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A surfactant "breaks" the surface, an emulsifyer. The other product is "soap" used in cleaning glass....such as in a dishwasher. TTC

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For those outside the land of Jetdry...any soap product that is low/no foaming without oils in it will work ok. Sometimes I just use a couple drops of clothes washing detergent :-) since it is loaded with surfactants and is designed to be low foaming.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread