Just FYI. Jelly Fish are stinging at Clearwater Beach and Honeymoon Island

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It started out as a beautiful day at CLW beach...then BAM...like someone to a "cat of nine tails" to the thighs. After some vinegar solution and some time out, the stinging let up. So we change locations to Honeymoon Island and after a few hours there...BAM again. Seems like the winds were just blowing them all in, most of the ones we saw were a good 2-3 feet long, like little footballs.

Upvote 0

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess it's time ta break out the Lycra suit? ??? HH SonnyFl

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They do look beautiful, floating along with 2 or 3 feet of rope like, stinging tentacles with all the little fish swimming through them for protection. The only problem with jelly fish (medusas) is when one of those tiny thread like tentacles touch you.

Every year at this time they make their presence known. It's time to bring out the wet suit for water hunting.

HH

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every wader in at the coasts should own a Lycra dive suit for protection from the tentacle's and the suns rays too, plus they provide some warmth from the wind. There are many better suits now on the market but they all "seem to shrink as we get older." I liked mine for diving as it wasn't as buoyant as a wet suit but for warm waters only. I added pockets to all mine.

Attachments

• Lycra Suit.jpg
    Lycra Suit.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 1,959

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Hey Gold I was at honeymoon Island Sunday with the monster scoop. Still didn't find that lost ring. On the other topic, if I wore one of those suits they would probably call out animal control to capture the mad walrus with the metal detector and monster scoop :blob1: Saturday afternoon was great out there but only pulled out 3 small silver rings and a bunch of change.

OP
OP
gold-digger

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi Mike. I guess that ones buried out there. What we need is a real good negative low tide.

Would have like to stay and help but that second sting is why we had to leave.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions