Just getting into gold panning,any other panners out there?

nuggetnudger

Aug 2, 2007
Ramseur,North Carolina
I'm in Randolph County, N.C. and have been trying to do research on gold mining in N.C. especially Randolph.I have found there were 328 recorded worked mines in N.C. but I can't find alot of info on them, just the most famous mines Reed Creek & Hoover Hill. Maps seem to be hidden better than the gold itself. I would like to hear from anyone that might have info or know how to find maps. ??? THANKS

Carolina Gold

Jul 31, 2007
Burlington, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger
Wow, that link in the previous post is great! I went through every listing in north carolina and geo positioned with the coordinants and can see the veins of gold as evidenced by mining. used the link, went to google and entered the coordinates and placed a placemark.

gixxering

Mar 14, 2008
I am in western north carolina, I recommend any national forest. Just check with the ranger station. In the Nantahala national forest panning is allowed. I have been exploring the streams out here and there is limitless panning spots out here.

TammyNC123

Dec 24, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Well if you are interested in the piedmont area Gold Hill has 2 mines, Cotton Patch and Mountain Creek (I think is the name of the other one) The latter is the best one from what I have heard. This area is supposed to be rich with gold. Was told all the creeks in this area had some sort of gold in them. I am sure there are others that can tell you more.

Jughead

Dec 27, 2007
I panned and dredged for several years in local creeks in Yadkin County. Didn't get rich so I sold the dredge, hung up the pan and just use a detector on my property occasionally.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread