Oct 2, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites xlt

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
cowgirl, the XLT is going to be a LOT different than what you used to have. I would suggest finding a Whites forum and asking questions as they occur about the settings and proper use of that detector. From what I hear it is a good detector for just about any kind of hunting. Don't get frustrated when you start digging junk again, just keep digging and see what comes out at different settings. In time you will know what the detector is trying to tell you and your good finds will keep increasing. Good Luck. Cal

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Welcome to Treasurenet and cant wait to see your first finds. There is Whites forum right at the top of Treasurenet Home Page which is fantastic. All the best to you and your new Hobby!

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cowgirl,

Your machine is top of the line. Don,t be overwhelmed by all the settings. Go with factory presets until you get a feel for detecting. Read up on what each setting does. Once you learn them try changing and see if you get goo results. The Whites XLT has a lot of users so there is a lot of information out there. The Bullseye is a pinpointer that you use to pinpoint objects. It detects to about 1 inch so you can find objects still in the hole or in dug dirt. Most who use them swear by them. Good luck and remember to post your finds here for all to see.

Ed D.

papa

Sep 21, 2006
Welcome,to the gang :) Looking foward to reading your posts. Oh,by the way,I like your Tractor ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread