Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought a bounty Hunter for the first time three years ago and I am totally obsessed with this addiction. Welcome to our insanity. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site Dan. There's much to be found and even more to learn as you go. Be patient learning your detector and be willing to dig your share of trash in order to find a keeper. Many new ones expect to find gold at the end of the rainbow.....when a simple wheat cent should be sufficient. Welcome to the madness that keeps on giving.

angleofattack

Aug 9, 2015
West Point, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Euro tech pro dd, xpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought a Eurotek Pro not knowing how addicting this hobby is. Also didn't know where to start or what to do. I watched lots and lots of You tube and still do.
The best place to start is your own yard. Probably should throw a few coins out to get the feel of the machine. Some people keep a log of all there hunts. I recommend a note book for permissions and anything you feel might be important. Also its a good idea to wear gloves. The rest will work it self out. Oh didn't mean to forget Tnet. let us know how its going, There are no strangers here, only friends you haven't met!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If ya just like finding stuff, metal detecting is the most fun you can have with your clothes on.:laughing7:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Dan! Take a look at Sub-Forums: New Jersey for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

OP
OP
D

DanCaspian

Tenderfoot
Dec 18, 2016
Southern NJ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the welcome! Technically I have to wait until Christmas to use it...it was one of those "hey, wife, I bought this for you to give me for Christmas" purchases, so I've been chomping at the bit for a couple weeks now to get going.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Tnet from an Ohio coin shooter. Many of us started with lower end detectors and found some amazing things. My 1st detector paid for itself in 60 days from the amount of clad coins I dug.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread