Just got at pro! It keepa beeping like crazy?!?

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try taking it outside and ground balance it, also if you have too much play in your cable it can detect it and false.
Hope this helps! and congrats on your new machine!

OP
OP
MackDigger

MackDigger

Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys I think I got it working now, turned the sensitivity down and it seams to be working correctly now. There is a blizzard outside so I can't do much out there lol

Jpro

Jun 23, 2013
Nashville, Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks guys I think I got it working now, turned the sensitivity down and it seams to be working correctly now. There is a blizzard outside so I can't do much out there lol

I love my ATpro..
When I got mine, I did all as Perseus stated. Also taped my cable to the rod 3-4 inches above the coil. Also watched many youtube videos on different set ups. I hunt with mine on the pro zero mode, iron audio off, iron set at 32-35 , sensitivity all the way up and ground balance at 80. Works for me and I hunt only relics.
Best of luck. Any questions feel free to private msg me.
Jpro

SCDigginWithAK

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had this problem too. Turns out me and my friend were on the same frequency. Maybe change that if you're around electrical wires and what not. I just got mine and love it. I've done very well with it. Good luck!

OP
OP
MackDigger

MackDigger

Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it was just because I had sensitivity all the way up and was in my house. Just had it outside and it was accurately detecting targets I placed in 8inchs of snow. I think I'm going to LOVE it.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have always wondered what happens if you insert the battery holder in wrong. Does it simply not turn on or would it act erratically like that? Make sure you pay attention to the little silver colored bit on the holder and place it back in with that bit facing the direction it came out of the detector. Your manual shows a pic in case you don't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wont work at all if you put the battery pack in wrong

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I read a good tip on this forum about the ATP. When you change batteries, make sure you do the reset from the off condition. The new batteries may cause an erratic behavior as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya I can't turn on my M6 in the house it goes crazy! I also have to hold my metal sand scoop behind my back when detecting the beach because it will pick up the scoop on the side to side swing. It happens ! At lest you got it working! HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread