Just got back from Baltimore, stumbled on a nice little teller tray score down there.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent the day in Baltimore at the Whitman Expo. Boy, was it busy! I managed to cherry a few varieties, sent off about $4k in coins to PCGS, and picked up a few earlier-date Merc dimes for my set. I was quite happy with my day. Around 2, I decided to walk the waterfront and find a place to eat. As I was strolling around, I saw a branch of a bank I have an account at, so I rolled on in and asked if they had any halves. The teller holds up about $5 worth in her tray, and says, "These?" I see silver edges, and of course say yes. $5 in halves gave up 2 Walkers ('39 and '41), a Ben ('61), 4 '64 Kennedys and a '68-D. Not bad! Took 'em back to the show and treated myself to a nice, raw, earlier-date Walker ('29-D in ~VF30) for my dansco after selling the lot of 'em.

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coin_collection.gif
Nice finds bigscores.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice day!

Why did you take my silver?:laughing7:

I actually live an hour away from Baltimore, so it's unlikely that I would CRH in Baltimore. What I am thinking about is how much silver could be in teller trays the ghetto areas of Baltimore? I'm not trying to go there, but it's a neat suggestion. TimZim could probably fit in, except he's white.

Outside of the banks with the letters attached, almost everything is a ghetto (excluding the areas outside of I-695).

Attachments

• banks.JPG
    banks.JPG
    242.6 KB · Views: 117

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread