Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I work my butt off today Man this little shell spot is brutal nothing but shells and roots but I managed to save another general service button, Colt pistol bullet, a lead or pewter leaf which was very deep under many roots I spent along time working to see what that signal was. And a brass piece it’s my second one and I have no idea what it could be. Any guesses would be appreciated. IMG_2060.jpg IMG_2069.jpg IMG_2065.jpg IMG_2066.jpg IMG_2064.jpg IMG_2067.jpg IMG_2068.jpg IMG_0012.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 27

DiggerKid2003

Jul 5, 2014
Spotsylvania VA
Detector(s) used
Garret At Pro, Garret Pro Pointer, Wireless Z-Lynk headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Truth , That swamp mud smell bad like tide mangroves ? The wild. pigs are small TP

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi We had fun yesterday , the new owners next door were doing renovations on the old out building and found some old sticks of ordinance . Cops and bomb experts there most of the afternoon. The old goldminer who lived years ago must have hid them behind the wall . Asked the cops if i could get a selfie of them before they got blown up . That made them laugh. TPp

Riggleman

Mar 7, 2016
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The brass is a smashed burnside cartrideg. I found my first one this year.

Attachments

• 1551064560046.jpg
    1551064560046.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 54
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The brass is a smashed burnside cartrideg. I found my first one this year.

Both of mine are smashed I was wondering if I should try to open it up or would it split? Man yours is beautiful. I wish I had it open so I could put my Burnside bullet where it supposed to be you know.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Heat the casing and a thick center punch up . Place the heated center punch in a vice facing up . Gently push the casing open end down on the punch. Should slowly expand . May take a few goes . Does not need to glowing hot. TP

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another awesome find! Living up north I would never have guessed the identity of your mystery object. I would have been searching old valve stem covers! LOL.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Heat the casing and a thick center punch up . Place the heated center punch in a vice facing up . Gently push the casing open end down on the punch. Should slowly expand . May take a few goes . Does not need to glowing hot. TP

Thanks What’s a center punch?

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another awesome find! Living up north I would never have guessed the identity of your mystery object. I would have been searching old valve stem covers! LOL.

Well I found one the other day Tom and I didn’t know what it was but I held onto it for some reason and then when I found this one up put it up and I got the answer and now I look at these two things as beauties. I love when you don’t realize you got something and you find out you got something.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER with all your vast knowledge and your 160 IQ you come up with lipstick tube!!!! Smh
First thing that jumped into my head. I have no/little knowledge of fire-arms stuff, remember we are not allow it over here. Our armies took it out of the Country to fight.:thumbsup:

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks What’s a center punch?
Like a drift punch but with a sharper point on it. Actually I think a drift punch would work slightly better, you would run less risk of accidentally bulging out or punching a small hole in the rear of the cartridge case.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great saves! And great community!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like a drift punch but with a sharper point on it. Actually I think a drift punch would work slightly better, you would run less risk of accidentally bulging out or punching a small hole in the rear of the cartridge case.

ok I’m gonna start looking into it. Thanks ecmo

ecmo

Feb 28, 2016
Missouri
Detector(s) used
macro racer 2, whites mx5, whites mx sport, trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok I’m gonna start looking into it. Thanks ecmo
Truth most any auto parts store or tool shop, Harbor freight, should have. I'm thinking one with about 1/4" blunt end should work. Tinpan's idea is a good one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread