cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
didn't get much reading done, about 65 pages of over 200. It is all about leaving ebay for better places.

one of the things I never explored was Buy It Now with make an offer & it can run 30 days.

I had listed a Washington gold dollar without rim lettering for opening bid of $50 and never got a nibble. so i went to the other way last night. BIN for $75 and make offer. This morning I got an offer of $51 so I accepted. I have another PCGS graded coin just like it so I will list that one soon the same way.

any problems with this type of listing?

isabella1

Mar 2, 2013
The only problem I have with it is when the buyer puts the offering and then never respond back. We sell a lot of stuff that way however eBay changed it so that they have to accept the offer after you accepted to sell it for whatever they originally offered for it. So if they don't go back and except that you are okay with selling it then it doesn't get sold. So we always send a letter or email to the buyer saying he accepted your offer just wanted let you know thanks. It does work though.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I'd say that 90% of our listings are 30 day BIN. Sometimes we add a Best Offer option, but not always.

One of the down sides to this type of listing is that you are buried on last page of the listings when the buyer looks at the listings that are "ending soonest."

But, on the other hand, many buyers just want to buy the item, hassle free. More often than not, buyers will pay a little more for those BIN's.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just sold another. Had a 4lb box of watches. listed a few times with start bid of $25 and no bids at all. listed with 30 day BIN at $50 and got an offer in less than 11 hours for $35. I took it. (I had a total of about 50 lbs to sell, this was the last box. on the other auctions a few went for up to $50 but most went $25 -30)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread