Just Got My Bandido ll u max today YIKES !!!!!!

reed88

Dec 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
bandido 2 umax
Hello ,
I just got my Bandido ll u max today ,Its my first tereso detector , When i recieved the pakage , man i thought thaer aint no way that box as small as it was couid hold that little monster , I opened it up and there was the most pretterest lil thing i ever saw , i was expecting it to be much bigger , but man the control unit aint no bigger than my billfold , shoot ive seen men with pocketknifes bigger than that thing lolol,

so far i havent had much time to mess with it just have been tinkering with the controls and ground balance trying to get hang of it , if i can get just a nuff knowdlege ill take it out this weekend and see what i can find , any advice yu guys can give me on ground balance , i havent finished reading the manual just yet but belive me i will ,

Thanks in Advance
Reed

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When our brother got his Bandido a few years back my other brother and I both laughed when the UPS guy delivered it. The UPS guy said," hey, they forgot to put anything in the box". ;D ;D ;D. A couple of weeks later it was the Bandido that was laughing ;)

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum.

First: Study and learn the handbook.

Second: Practice the ground balancing procedures until they become automatic. Proper ground balancing is an absolute necessity.

Third: Turn down the Discriminate down to about "2" or even lower, and dig everything for a while to see what the BD is telling you.

Fourth: Turn the Sensitivity no higher than "6" to cut down on noise. Later, at certain locations, you may want to try "supertuning" the BD for deeper targets, but at first you want to learn your new machine on the shallower targets. (surface to about 6") Most of the good stuff is in that range anyway; generally speaking.

Fifth: HAVE FUN ! That Tesoro Bandido is one of the best all-around detectors you can find. I have a Bandido II (the last of the under-the-shaft BDs) and wouldn't sell it for anything short of $1000. ;D Hey, for $1000, I'd sell it then find another one.

If you get a 5.75" umax and a 10"x12" umax coils for it, you'll have a complete "tool kit" for just about any kind of hunting.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Reed if you give that Bandido half a chance it will prove itself a worthy detector.

Due to back and knee trouble my digging days may come to an end very soon. I've been fighting this for the last 20 years. I think it is winning.

So my getting down in the dirt days are numbered.

Of all the machines I've used in my 40 years of THing Tesoro has rated right up there with the best. And the Bandido 2 uMax is no exception.

Actually, I consider it one of the best buys out there today. These sell for anywhere from $200-$300 (depending on condition) and even at $300 are a bargin.

One great thing about the Bandido is you can use that red hot 12x10 concentric coil with it. In my opinion, the mono coil is vastly superior to these new fangled so-called DD coils. The DD's were made for ground coverage, not depth. And they pinpoint crappy on anything other than distinct solid small targets.

I just bought a new Garrett Infinium and one of the first things I bought for it was the 8" mono coil. Now I just hope my back will let me use it this summer ;D

Take care and learn that Bandido. Don't be so quick to give up on it. Lots of people buy Tesoro and then don't even give them a chance.

Master it and it will greatly repay you.

Badger

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
When you get sick of that Bandido II uMax, just send it to me. I'll take it off your hands no problem. ;D ;D ;D

Ray

OP
OP
reed88

reed88

Dec 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
bandido 2 umax
Hello again ,
Ther aint no way i gonna git rid of this bandido detector, not in this life time no way, zip ;D

I guees the yikes in mi title gave everbody the impression that i was disappointed ,, heck no ,what i meant was like kinda suprised tha it was so small , so that cleard up ???

trust me i gonna lean this thing inside and out , i mite be a dumb redneck but if a 11 year old gal can figure out this detector i can too :-*

right now its raining and my wife wont let me play with it in house due to the growling it makes when ya start it up ,hurst everbodys ears ::)

i sure yull be hearin more from me if i ever figure out how to post pics on here rite now puter madddd wont let me do it :D

thanks kindley for all yur replys

reed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread