Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

chriskellyco

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Sep 30, 2014
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Garrett AT Pro/Ace 350, Minelab CTX 3030/E-Trac/Excal II, White's Coinmaster GT, Nokta FORS CoRe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With that much history I'm sure there'll be some goodies in the ground. HH!

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come aboard ... :hello:

I'm almost certain you're gonna have some exciting days at that location ~

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a good place to start finding treasure and learning how to retrieve your finds and cover your retrieval spots where no one can tell you have been there. Good luck!!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to T-Net. To some it's a hobby to many of us it's an obsession. Sounds like you have a great place to start and to learn your machine and to practice digging plugs.

pgfhgs

Dec 23, 2014
Sedona AZ
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, AT Pro, Ace 250, Tesoro, Teknetics, Bounty Hunter EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome and good luck great first machine!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First welcome aboard and welcome to your new passion/addiction. Great detector to start with and hope to see some posts of good finds. If the house was torn down be ready for a lot of nail targets, might want to notch those out so you don't hear them all day long. Good luck

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum!

OP
OP
O

otis89

Tenderfoot
Jul 14, 2015
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the welcomes! Unfortunately, due to circumstances, I wasn't able to get out yesterday. Oh well. There's always next weekend. I'm in central Illinois BTW.

USMC Reaper

May 23, 2015
Abbeville, S.C.
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That ground, and those finds that are in it, is not going anywhere, you'll get them when you get there!

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

otis89

Tenderfoot
Jul 14, 2015
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was finally able to get out to that lot two weekends ago, and discovered I need a few more tools. The ground was really tough, lots of clay. I need a better digging tool. I think I'm going to order a Lesche. Also, having a handheld pinpointer would really come in handy. I did manage to find two pennies, a nickel, and a very large washer though.

Yesterday, my girlfriend and I took it out to a local park and managed to find 14 cents, a dime and four pennies. Then today, in a different park, we found $2.29! We found two dollar coins, a quarter, and four pennies. Needless to say, we're hooked!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Needless to say, we're hooked!

Welcome to TNet. Congratulations on being hooked now. You'll put in some long days with little to show. Don't let that discourage you.

Now, with the fever you now have, I'm just glad you don't live in my neck of the woods so I won't have feverish competition :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread