Just got my leather Predator 85 holster in...nice!

Clay Slayer

Jan 4, 2011
Cajun Country
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I never cared for the factory nylon holster that came with my Predator 85. The serrations always caught the edge of the holster and after not too long it was all frayed and very hard to use.
I searched around and found this option. It's heavy leather and holds my pointer as well. The leather is thick, 3/16", (stitched and riveted) and the loop for my pointer is slightly oval which positions my pointer in the same position every time I re-holster it. You can also see a carabiner clip that could be used for whatever you want. And if you don't want to use it, just take the carabiner off and the clip slips between the leather layers and disappears.

Made by Buzz Wilson and delivery was less than a week. Also, this was a special design he made custom for me. Normally the pointer loop is across the front of the holster at an angle, instead of on the side, like I requested. Great quality. :icon_thumleft:

Can't wait to try it out.

20140906_113120_zps017abbe8.jpg

20140906_113135_zpsd9fc4f5e.jpg

20140906_113147_zps18787551.jpg

20140906_113155_zps7fea525b.jpg

20140906_113214_zpsf29728a9.jpg

20140906_113235_zpse9736014.jpg

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it.
My only concern is that the pinpointer doesn't seat deep. Impo, it should be nearly fully encased. That said, a cord combined w the provided carabiner will prevent loss of pinpointer.
What is cost?
Thanks
Peace

OP
OP
Clay Slayer

Clay Slayer

Jan 4, 2011
Cajun Country
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can see where the pointer loop size could be a concern for some, but it's a nice, tight fit...and I don't plan on rock climbing or anything with it, so I'm not too worried. It was $50. There is a another less expensive model with a little thinner leather, but I went with this one.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks very nice.If it works for you thats all that counts.Enjoy it.HH

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's nice! Fifty clams, huh? Hmmm... :tongue3:

OP
OP
Clay Slayer

Clay Slayer

Jan 4, 2011
Cajun Country
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's nice! Fifty clams, huh? Hmmm... :tongue3:

I've spent hundreds on individual quality horse and cow hide holsters...Kramer Leather especially makes quality holsters. Anyway, after twenty years of wearing leather daily for other reasons, I've come to appreciate spending a little more for a quality item. 8-)

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great design, I like that the predator holster has openings at the bottom so that sand and crud can drop out. Not sure about the pinpointe holder. Have you tried bending over to see if falls out?

OP
OP
Clay Slayer

Clay Slayer

Jan 4, 2011
Cajun Country
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great design, I like that the predator holster has openings at the bottom so that sand and crud can drop out. Not sure about the pinpointe holder. Have you tried bending over to see if falls out?

The pointer holster is quite tight and it does not fall out, even if I shake it upside down. The good thing about leather is that it will stretch over time if needed. I can holster the pointer as firmly or gently as I want to determine how tight the fit is and how hard it is to remove.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice gear. Gotta like leather. My digger has a leather sheath. Got it from a old timer who retired from the hobby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread