Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know how they did it, but this thing discriminates ferrous from nonferrous very well! Lots of great features and settings too, including Bluetooth.
Oh, and no more batteries, yay!

*With a bit more usage I have a little different take on it now.*

First off, the discrimination is incredible! Every once on a while the Legend mistakes a bottle cap for a good target. With the Accupoint set to 'no iron mode' it doesn't make a peep when you graze it over the target. No more digging those stupid things! (that is; if I carry it instead of the carrot)

Secondly, and maybe a bit more important; I was wrong about the depth. It seemed a tad better than the carrot in the damp park I used it in the first couple of times, but the park I went to today was much drier soil and the carrot had about an inch better depth than the Accupoint.

It will be a VERY handy tool in trashy iron sites but isn't up to replacing the King Carrot for general use.

Them's my two cents.

Last edited:

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't know how they did it, but this thing discriminates ferrous from nonferrous very well! Lots of great features and settings too, including Bluetooth.
Oh, and no more batteries, yay!
I'm glad that you have good things to say about it. I use my Legend most of the time, so the Bluetooth looks cool.

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hoping someone one here would pick one up soon. Any idea what the battery life is before it needs a recharge?

OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hoping someone one here would pick one up soon. Any idea what the battery life is before it needs a recharge?
I've only used it for a few hours now and it still shows full battery. I"ll follow up on this and add my thoughts after more use. So far though, it seems to go just a tad deeper than the carrot. The fact that it has a battery meter means you shouldn't get caught with a dead battery, we'll see.

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got an accupoint yesterday and had it out for a trial run today. I do like the ferrous/non-ferrous discrimination better than the Pro-35. It found every target with no falsing so that's a win in my book.

COYOTEONE

Greenie
Feb 9, 2024
Love the AccuPOINT , but the
  • Belt Holster has something to look at the snaps on it keeps coming loose and won’t stay snapped, almost lost it yesterday,just took it off and put it in my bag. Will come up with something else to carry it around with.

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the AccuPOINT , but the
  • Belt Holster has something to look at the snaps on it keeps coming loose and won’t stay snapped, almost lost it yesterday,just took it off and put it in my bag. Will come up with something else to carry it around with.
I never used the holster, but good to know. I use a tool belt and keep my pin pointers easily accessible one on each side.

COYOTEONE

Greenie
Feb 9, 2024
I never used the holster, but good to know. I use a tool belt and keep my pin pointers easily accessible one on each side.
Yeah I used the holster a few times on my hunting belt but now it just pops free , doesn’t stay fastened..

blackheart

Mar 6, 2024
Emporium, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540 / Nokta AccuPoint
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Nocta Accupoint just showed up today. Haven't taken it out yet, but I already like it better than my Minelab ProFind (which doesn't power on anymore). After reading the original post, the discrimination feature seems like a big win. You can also select between 3 different freqs to avoid interference with other equipment. Seems like a worthy feature. Can't wait for the weather to break a little so I can try it out in the field!

blackheart

Mar 6, 2024
Emporium, PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah I used the holster a few times on my hunting belt but now it just pops free , doesn’t stay fastened..
If you run a dedicated belt, just put a little dab of glue on the snaps.

LostinGeorgia

Aug 21, 2023
Have had mine for about 2 months. Detect 15-20 hours a week. Only had to charge it once since original charge. Has already probably saved me 50$ in batteries. Love it. Do agree thou that at times doesn’t go as deep as others

blackheart

Mar 6, 2024
Emporium, PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Nocta Accupoint just showed up today. Haven't taken it out yet, but I already like it better than my Minelab ProFind (which doesn't power on anymore). After reading the original post, the discrimination feature seems like a big win. You can also select between 3 different freqs to avoid interference with other equipment. Seems like a worthy feature. Can't wait for the weather to break a little so I can try it out in the field!
Update on this. LOVE the Accupoint. Once I learned how to nav the settings, this thing is a powerhouse. I can't speak on durability or battery life yet, as I've only used it on 2 searches so far. Paired with a Lesche hand digger, it's made a great addition to my Vanquish. I haven't played with the iron disc yet either. It's super loud as well, can be a pos or neg, but im half deaf, so it's a pos for me. The vibration feature is also fairly robust and can be felt even with gloves on. Happy with it so far!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread