Just half today!!

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Today was my day off, my wife was out for several hours, so I decided to take advantage of the nice sunny day, it was alittle cold but nothing that keep me away. I went back to talk to the farmer to see what he knew, I brought along a couple old coins to give to him, he was happy. He went to say that in his Field there used to be a distillery, he said that he would plow up red bricks, just like in the old town site. The corn is still on but will be coming off soon, I am more than welcome to look with my detector, this is on the other side of the river from the old village. There was mention that the old town was on both sides, music to my ears. The spot where the old bridge crossed the river was owned by another person, he told where to locate him. I will be heading back soon if the whether does not get to cold. But I decided to go back over to the village site, well I am glad. This item that looks like gorget is gold plated I assume, I traced one side then I flipped over to make what I think is the correct looking picture, it is quite thin brass? I am not sure if it had something to do with the Irish. I was not finding much and I had to head home, you know you have read stories about heading back to the car and you get one more strong signal, well that is what happened. It is a 1828 Lesslie & sons 1/2 penny token. I hope the whether stays warm for alittle while yet. HH

Attachments

• IMG_0892.jpg
    IMG_0892.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 543
  • IMG_0893.jpg
    IMG_0893.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 548
  • IMG_0890.jpg
    IMG_0890.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 554
  • IMG_0894.jpg
    IMG_0894.jpg