Just have to share.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is totally 100% off subject from anything in the yard sale finds but I don't know a better place to post this because this thread seems to have the most traffic.

So if it gets deleted I understand. But sitting here thinking about how I can pay for my MRI should I need it, my daughter got the mail and brought it into me. I got my car insurance bill and looked at it for like the first time in forever and decided to call and ask if they could lower the bill at all. The guy called me back and said that they had a new program they were starting and he would run a quote for us and get back to me. Needless to say after a couple hours he called back and said he can get the premium from $980 every six months down to $640! (2 cars)

Called my cell phone company and asked them the same thing. They were able to cut out $45 a month off of my bill.

It's like I'm always thinking 100% what's the next big score. What can I spend my money on to make the most off of something and totally disregarded the normal things in life. We should save like $1100 this year from spending 20 minutes on the phone. To me every dollar that I save is great. And every dollar I make is awesome as well. And totally a blessing! But just wanted to throw this out there maybe some of you guys can get some extra savings as well. I mean who would not want more money for yard sales right??? [emoji38]

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well played BK, well played!! Also try your cable company. They'll sometimes lower monthly bills if you call and tell them you're looking for another service. We have Charter where we live and they've done that before. Good luck to you!

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
Always good to ask if you can get a better rate. However, in my experience, you generally get what you pay for. When it comes to insurance, that lower rate might mean problems if you ever have to file a claim. For your sake, I hope this is not so.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always good to ask if you can get a better rate. However, in my experience, you generally get what you pay for. When it comes to insurance, that lower rate might mean problems if you ever have to file a claim. For your sake, I hope this is not so.

No actually it's better like some of the things I needed to have to qualify through it it was not even offered on the plan I originally had. It's through Allstate but even the guy that was getting the "quote said that it's a much better deal than what we have now. So he said it's a better deal all around for us and cheaper as well. We had the same company for 16 years no accidents no speeding tickets. the only thing is I have to pay it all at once instead of monthly.

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
My business, noticed that two of my phone accounts had creeped up to OVER $300/month each! Called Frontier. Asked WTF is going on? Nice person on the phone told me that the plan had expired. He'd be happy to send me a quote for a new plan. Two weeks later, no quote. Called back. Another week later, still no quote. Called back again and said I'd be pleased to wait while yet another nice person compiled a quote and got it implemented.

Total time on phone: 45 minutes. Annual savings: $4080! Like a good friend of mine says "Business is about watching the pennies. Watch the pennies and the dollars will come with them."

MRBeyer

Apr 25, 2007
Moses Lake, WA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster and MXT, sluice
I've done this many times. Be polite, ask for a better deal, and also ask if they have a new customer deal they can give to an old satisfied customer. Often when I have gotten a better deal I let the manager know what a shining example their customer service rep was (of course not telling exactly why).

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've done it with Direct TV and Verizon. As long as you have been paying on time they will work with you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread