Just in case you are new to this little hobby

montgomeryjrm

Nov 28, 2007
Gainesville, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab ex II, Whites eagle II, Whites spectrum xlt
First off I have been doing this hobby for a very long time or so it seems, been involved with gold prospecting or metal detecting since 12, I am 36 now. If you are ever wanting a place to go and hunt why don't you try something litterally right around your home. Case in point. When I used to live in Wilson I had a friend of mine who collected old copper wire and scrap metal all year to buy his metal detector. Anyhow there was a day when I had to work on Saturday, and him being the curious ass he was he detected his damn front yard. When I got off work that day I asked him if he went out with his new toy. Told me he did, and as he was smiling he dumped out his treasure bag. On the table outside he dropped what looked like about 10 bucks in change. Then he started pulling out the silver. 6 quarters and about 9 dimes, and I forgotten how many wheaties. Hell to me a good day is coming home with one of those. I asked him where was this new honey hole. Randy just simply pointed to his front yard. It was hard for me to believe but the more I thought about this the more it made sense. That was when we started banging on doors in about every old neighboorhood and gaining permission to hunt these yards. Yes it is easier than what most of you thank. The saying "Ask and ye shall recieve" does work. When I go to Wilson I still knock on doors sometimes, sometimes I go back to some of these old places I have hunted before. Well what I am trying to pass on is the fact that you don't have to go far to find the things that we all search for. Just thought I would share some with you all in here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions