oz_il

Oct 6, 2008
Evergreen Park, IL

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Yeah, I'm kinda bummed about the weather this weekend. I'm looking forward to the spring, and longer days. Last year around May, I'd get out of work at 4:30, go home, change, and get to the woods and hunt a good two hours before it even hinted at getting dark. Right now, I'm depending on the weekends to bring me good weather, but this weekend is looking ugly.

Joe

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Clear skies all night, then I got of work....

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Glad you got out for a little bit and get a little hunting in. The weather sure has been crappy, at least as far as the weekends are concerned. Right now the sun just peeked out by me, and it was pouring so hard I couldn't see across the street 5 minutes ago. Damn, it's getting dark again now.

Hopefully we'll all be able to get out next weekend.
Mike

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Ha ha!! God bless you weatherman! 3 o'clock on the dot, and there are blue skies and a rainbow!! Mike, beat ya to the park!

Joe

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
twistidd said:
Ha ha!! God bless you weatherman! 3 o'clock on the dot, and there are blue skies and a rainbow!! Mike, beat ya to the park!

Joe

I spoke too soon. I got to the park, picked up two zinc lincolns, then rain. I got home, and the rain stopped. I give up for today.

Joe

OP
OP
oz_il

oz_il

Oct 6, 2008
Evergreen Park, IL
Ma Nature outsmarted me also. Started jogging in bluebird skies and came home in a deluge LOL.

Jogged by 2 parks both had about 75% of the land underwater :protest:

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
twistidd said:
twistidd said:

Joe

I spoke too soon. I got to the park, picked up two zinc lincolns, then rain. I got home, and the rain stopped. I give up for today.

Joe

Sorry it didn't work out Joe... you've got plenty more days this year to catch some good weather though.

Wouldn't it be cool to pop up a 15' x 15' PVC framed tent, grid it out, then just push it over one "square" and keep gridding?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread