Just Joined Thought I would say HI! I have youtube vids

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all, My name is Layn (hence the user name). I am new to prospecting but I have a pretty good grip on the concept. Good enough that I built my own equipment. The math and design part is easy for me but working the whole rig will be another story lol. Guess I will find out this spring. I started this as a good summer past time for me and the kiddos to do. I researched the permits and started building the equipment. I love camping but I am not a fan of fishing and the kids aren't fans of hiking so we all talked and this is what they come up with. If you look at my videos youtube.com/user/doitlaynstyle you will see that I have quite a bit of this figured. I am working on the frame to my Highbanker/sluice and I will be posting videos on that in the future. I also have started to convert my RV over to solar power so that I can run the electric pump that you see in the videos to do cleanups in camp. There is alot more that I have planned but I will let on to some of that in the future. Looking forward to meeting all of you online here and Just Thought I would Drop a line to Reed Lukens thanks for letting me know about the site through your video on the 18th. Peace

Upvote 0

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Layn,
welcome to the forum. Nice looking HB. May I make a suggestion? Place a 1/4" punch plate just above the first ripples som it set 1/4" above the rubber matting and it will help classify your material further. It works well.

Good Luck!

B H Prospector

OP
OP
Doitlaynstyle

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Layn,
welcome to the forum. Nice looking HB. May I make a suggestion? Place a 1/4" punch plate just above the first ripples som it set 1/4" above the rubber matting and it will help classify your material further. It works well.

Good Luck!

B H Prospector

Hey!! I knew I joined on here for a reason. That is a great idea. I will look into it. Thank you for the welcome. One question. How would the area under the punch plate achieve sufficient flow to remove small gravels and such?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The water that falls thru will do the job since it is all rather fine material...not to worry.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
On my Keene Highbanker/Dredge Combo the 1/4 punch plate is in the bottom of the header box, is attached with a wingnut to the sluice. So when everything falls, the +1/4" material bounces off the plate and moves down the sluice box. The heavy - 1/4" material starts to collect under the plate, being that it's lower pressure.

OP
OP
Doitlaynstyle

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
On my Keene Highbanker/Dredge Combo the 1/4 punch plate is in the bottom of the header box, is attached with a wingnut to the sluice. So when everything falls, the +1/4" material bounces off the plate and moves down the sluice box. The heavy - 1/4" material starts to collect under the plate, being that it's lower pressure.
Sounds good to me. I will be adding that pretty soon. I have quick access to material and a tig welding machine. If you click the little youtube symbol in the bottom right of the video box it will take you to youtube to watch the video and you can click on my name (doitlaynstyle) to see all of my videos. Here is how far I have gotten.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread