just looked in my till

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Great finds!! Ever since i started that post alot of people have been checking :) When going through your bills look for Star notes, Old bills, the rare Web Print Notes, and odd serial numbers (such as many of the same number or a very low number) also look for errors :)

OP
OP
LONE GUNMAN

LONE GUNMAN

Mar 12, 2005
DIGGIN' IN NEVADA
thanks for the input...what do i look for in web bills.....i read the article in lt this month and got to thinkin about all the cash we go throu here...hey what do the stars mean....i remember packing one around for a yr or so when i was a kid.
thanks again
lgp

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Heres just about everything you need to know about web press notes: http://www.quadrigaancients.com/web/

And heres how to see how much their worth and stuff: http://www.webpressnotes.com/websearch.htm

Heres what a star note is:
Mainly intended as replacements for notes that were damaged or produced with errors or mistakes at the Bureau of Engraving and Printing. On modern Federal Reserve notes, a solid star appears at the end of the serial number; on earlier notes, the star appears at the beginning of the number. Until the 1980s, star notes were also used to represent the 100 millionth note since the serial numbering machinery has only eight digits

Happy Hunting! let us know if you find anything at all that looks different :)

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
No problem, how many billa are you getting? i would suggest getting alot of ones, i find webs, stars, and older ones alot.

OP
OP
LONE GUNMAN

LONE GUNMAN

Mar 12, 2005
DIGGIN' IN NEVADA
I JUST CHECK THE BILLS IN MY TILL OR WHEN WE GET CHANGE...MY WIFE JUST BROUGHT ME A 56 WHEATIE SHE GOT OUT OF A PENNY TRAY AT THE PIZZA SHOP...LOL...YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN OR WHERE YOU ARE GOING TO FIND THEM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread