Just mailed off a wedding band that I found

Cruisin

Jul 23, 2007
Whoohoo! I finally found something for someone. I bought a house 3 months ago that had been empty for almost 3 years. There was a vintage car sitting out in the weeds & the grandson of the old owner came up to get it. Well, the car was litteraly imbedded in the ground, the kid's rented pickup got stuck in the mud, & when it got dark he had to give up & make the 5 hour trip back home empty handed. While we were digging the truck out he showed me his wedding band & asked me to look for the matching one. He lost it on his last trip up last year & was pretty upset about it. I had been cleaning up the property & had sent 2 of the huge dumpster loads to the dump. When I saw the ring I remembered seeing something like it but I had thought it was a fitting off the faucet in the kitchen. I was sooooo afraid that I had tossed it! After he left I spent a couple of days looking and I finally found it. I had thought it belonged to the faucet so I had tossed it into a drawer. He was really excited when I called him & today I sent it off in the mail. At least his trip up here wasn't a total loss! It sure felt good to be able to return something that had been lost.

Also, I had found a box of family photos burried in some junk in the attic. When I told the grand daughter about the photos she almost cried. The family had been looking for those photos for years. Turns out her grandfather had been a photographer and had covered the Appolo One space launch. Those photos were in the box along with some photos of JFK.

RelicHunterSantise

Feb 4, 2009
louisville, ky
Wow. Thats pretty cool. The photos must have been neat to view.

Good for you for returning the ring!! Now if everyone was that nice the whole world would be a different place to live.

Best of luck

xoxo

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
That was a very good thing to do Cruisin, I know if I lost my wedding ring I would be upset too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions