Just not his day..........

Lee43

Oct 29, 2006
East central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Larry and I got to hunt today and it was "tuff" in the corn fields, it was muddy and the corn stocks were tall, we went looking for a house site, finally found it way away from where the map showed, we may have found a different one, didn't find any keepers, misc. brass and copper pieces and not that many of them. We stopped for lunch and decided to go to another site, Larry had laid his detector and shovel on the ground, we got ready to leave so he took his knife to clean the mud off the shovel and put it in the van, I was on the other side getting in the drivers seat, he closed the side door and got in the van, I pulled forward and then started backing out the lane and as I did I saw his detector on the ground, I stopped and he got out to get it, do you know what a coil looks like that has been run over by a 1 ton van...not a pretty site. We were not to far from his house so we went to get his other detector and went to the another site we had hunted and did not do that well but thought we would try again, We got very few signals but I did manage a very nice (the scan does not do justice to the coin) 1866 2 cent piece. We hunted for a while and nothing, not even brass pieces, I told Larry I was going to the van and just as I got there he called to me and said I might not want to quit just yet, I walked back to him and in the dirt clod was a reeded edge coin the size of a dime, I just knew it was Seated Liberty, Larry cleaned off the coin and it was a.......1988 Canadian dime, it was just not his day.............Lee

Attachments

• 121409.jpg
    121409.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 642
  • 121409A.jpg
    121409A.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 620
Upvote 0

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice 2-center, I would call that a good hunt. :hello2:

edit... I wasn't too clear on whether you actually ran over the coil or stopped short before you did. Sorry to hear about that.

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better the coil then Larry......
That 2 center now has a bigger story to go with it....
WTG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread